Region Change and unable to download content

I set up my Xbox Live account when I lived in Ireland. Two years on, I now live in Portugal.

I transfer points to my account and go to buy the add-on map pack for COD Black Ops. ERROR; 'Cannot buy in this region or offer no longer available.'

Xbox support had a nice helpful woman who said, 'Simply create a new account and add more points to that account'. Errr, what about my old account with all my

points? 'No sorry, you can't transfer them'.

I looked at the one time account region transfer that Xbox.com offer and I can transfer my account. Provided I move to Russia, Poland, Brazil, Hungary, Greece, Czech Republic, South Africa, Colombia, and Chile. Colombia!!! I'll ask my wife if we can move...

In this day and age, with people freely moving around I can't understand why this is an issue. As other posts have said, this kind of **** just encourages piracy.

MICROSOFT, as a hardened mac user, you never ever fail to disappoint me! That's money you've lost out on.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Well the lady at Xbox did suggest that I set up a new email account and access xbox live through that. However, I'd need to buy the original points again, although i'll be able to share game content etc.

I've set up my new account- registered at windows live. Do I have to repurchase xbox live membership or can i use my original? If so, how?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

You can just make a silver account to download things on. Then sign out and sign in on your main account, you will still be able to access the DLCs.

Sorry this didn't help.

Well either way piracy wouldnt help you anyways you need the dlc  which is still on the xbox live servers

That being said nothing can be transferred in this day and age you usually start over when moving countries no company allow region transfers it's too prone to fraud

Yes you can keep your old account however you can only withdraw or deposit using cash

Xbox isn't a bank

Sony allows for creation of new new accounts but no transfers can occur nor can any mmorpg

They aren't banks

Sorry this didn't help.