Region Blocking

Hello, I made an account when I lived in Canada and was visiting for 4 months, I bought one of the Black Ops DLC Map packs, and when I came back to the U.S, It said I'm not allowed to redownload to my new xbox 360, I recovered the gamertag on my new xbox, and I have tried redownloading, but when it gets to 99% it said Unable to download, any way I can get arround this? Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

generally you want to buy the mappack for your actual region

if you permantly live in US you should have purchased it in US account

unfornately you must wait till you are back in canada to redownload the content with your console without paying again

and you would have to redownload the content with your console not just the usb or hd

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I am assuming your account is a Canadian one, correct? If so then you will need to go back to Canada to re-download the map pack onto your new console. Or you will need to buy it again with a US XBL account. That is how region locked content works. In order for you to be able to access it you will need to physically be in the account region. If you leave your XBL account region then your access to that content may be limited or denied.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.