Refunded for duplicate charge but can’t play games now

I recently purchased a few games while on sale. For some reason i was charged twice for the purchase. I reached out asking for a refund for one of the charges but not both (thinking that way i could still play the games). I got refunded for one of the charges, but my games stated i couldnt play them because of a refund. I still have a unrefunded charge on my account so this makes no sense. I reached out again and was told that i wasnt charged twice when i clearly was. So i sooke with my bank to double check it wasnt an error on there part and they clarified it wasnt. So i reached back out to microsoft and provided them with photo proof of the double charge and told them i dont want a second refund that i just want to play the games i purchased. Well two days later i notice a second refund, but nobody ever reached out to me or called to clarify any questions. So now i have both the original and duplicate charge refunded and cant play these games... this would be fine if i hadnt purchased the games on sale but now they are three times the price of what they were. Can anyone help? Im really tired of being ignored because i have spent alot of money with microsoft.

Hello tw5,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that you were charged twice for a game, and you requested a refund for one of the transactions. However, you are unable to play the game now. You did take the correct step in reaching out to the Xbox Support Team. They need to investigate the transactions and take the appropriate action to resolve the issue. You usually get assigned a case for each interaction with a support agent, and you can follow up with them by email. We suggest reaching out to the Xbox Support Team so they can resolve the issue. The ambassadors, moderators and volunteer moderators do not have the ability to manage the billing section of a Microsoft account. We will provide steps on how to contact the support team since our support website was recently updated. Be sure to let us know the results!

How to contact the Xbox Support Team:

1. Click the support team link we provided
  2. Select Contact us
  3. Select Subscriptions & billing in the area that asks what you are having trouble with
  4. Select I don't recognize a charge in the area that asks what the issue is
  5. Select Chat online or Request a call to reach out to the support team
\(^ω^\)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Yes, unfortunately that is what i have done to no avail. Ive had two different case numbers. It seems no one really listened or cared. They didnt believe i was charged twice until i sent pictures. They said they saw a duplicate purchase but it only charged once when in fact it charged twice. But it been 3 days since my last contact with them and like i said i got a second refund a day ago. Which was the exact opposite of what i wanted. I just wanted to play the games i bought( who would of thunk. Haha). Thanks though, im just going to scrap this up as a loss and learn my lesson not to buy digital again.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 4, 2023 Views 399 Applies to: