refund please

hi i am writing because i have downloaded GTA: San Andreas from Xbox live marketplace with 800 Microsoft points and it told me after the download was complete. then it told me that i have to get an old Xbox hardrive and i didn't have one so this game is useless to me and it didn't tell me that i had to buy it one so i would like a refund please and i will delete the game of my library. Thankyou  

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

More info on Xbox Originals: forums.xbox.com/.../25.aspx

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

@Fish Head Soup - The OP didn't say he has an old hard drive, he said the system told him he needed an old hard drive. If he has a 4gb console or is using a USB drive for storage space, then he doesn't have an actual hard drive. All original Xbox games require an official MS hard drive (it doesn't have to be an old one) in order to run because it comes preloaded with the emulation software required to run original Xbox games. It's been like this since the 360 came out.

Sorry this didn't help.

Bc emulator is only available on official xbox hds

Sorry this didn't help.

OK....wait....what???? If you downloaded it I will assume you have a hard drive. When you say "old xbox drive" what are you talking about??? Shouldn't this work on any hard drive???? Why on earth would you need BC on the drive if you are downloading it from the marketplace?? Shouldn't that be included in the file itself??? Shouldn't it work on ALL 360 hard drives???? Seriously....what am I missing here????

The "no refunds" shouldn't apply here as the download IS NOT COMPLETE nor PLAYABLE. No refunds in this case basically constitutes fraud, no??? Again.....am I missing something here????

Sorry this didn't help.

Do you have any sort of hard drive at all? If not, you can use a USB flash drive for storage and save the DLC to that. However you will still need some sort of hard drive to save the Backwards compatible update for the origonal Xbox games to work.

You cannot get a refund for something that you have bought, as it clearly says so when on the purchasing screen.

Sorry this didn't help.