Redeeming a 12 month prepaid card for xbox live :/

I purchased a 12 month XBL card from EB Games the other day and the code works fine, no problem there. The only problem is that when I go to redeem the 12 months to activate it on my PC and on the Xbox 360 itself, It says I need to go to Xbox.com a fix up a payment and that my account has been suspended? I've had Xbox Live for the past 8 years without a problem like this? what's wrong? It won't let me activate the 12 months because it says my account is suspended until I fix up something by paying for it?

Thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:
Answer

Normally that means you've purchasing gold through Xbox and have left auto-renewal on and for some reason they were unable to charge you so you would now have a balance that needs to be paid before you can add a prepaid card. Try going to http://commerce.microsoft.com and it will show if that is the case and it will show how much you owe. You would need to contact support directly to speak to billing so they can help you get it sorted. 1-800-4my-xbox if you're in the US/Canada or support.xbox.com/contact-us

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.