Redeem Codes Not Working

I bought a 1500 point card last night, didn't work so I took it back to the store and they couldn't get it to work so they refunded me. Today I went to another store, tried to redeem them and again it wouldn't let me. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 29 Applies to:

Hi there.I suggest looking at this thread: support.xbox.com/.../prepaid-code-errors and try clearing your cache.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

What is the exact error message you are getting when you try to redeem from the XBOX 360 Console?

Have you tried to look at the Microsoft Billing site located here to make sure that there are no errors on the account?

Are you sure you are redeeming the card on an account that is in the same region as where the card was purchased?

For example, if you live in the United States as well as the account that you created has a region set to United States and are trying to redeem a card that was purchased in the United Kingdom they would not work as that is a region mismatch. Different regions have different amount of XBOX Live Points that are available to them and they will only work in that designated region.

You can check what region your XBOX LIVE account is under here

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.