Redbox now carries 360, PS3, and Wii games. $2.00 per day.

http://www.redbox.com/games_coming_soon?icamp=HP:NBAR:M1:GAMESSOON:06031100

I would like to thank foytfoe for the heads up about this. I had no idea the Redbox was even planning on carrying games. Most people only have a Blockbuster near them which is $9.00 per day. So if you rent a game and dont like it, you just wasted $9.00 for one day. So this will be very convenient for those that dont want to spend $9.00 to rent a game.    I can rent games for less than a dollar a day at Family Video. But if I cant find the game I want, I can check one of the Redbox machines since I have 8 in my area.   If you click "Find A Redbox" in the upper left, you can see how many are near your location. 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 15 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

is it possible to get them sent to canada?

Redbox is your friend

Awesome! Thanks for the heads up. I also have about 8 redboxes in my city. No more renting BB games for rediculous prices!

Good god, no wonder BB's physical locations are all going extinct.   I hope they get more stock & choices up there. I checked a few days ago, and NONE of our RB's had anything but Duke Nukem and Black Ops.

[quote user="Th3 Tater"]

Good god, no wonder BB's physical locations are all going extinct.   I hope they get more stock & choices up there. I checked a few days ago, and NONE of our RB's had anything but Duke Nukem and Black Ops.

[/quote]

For most people this just went into effect today the 17th. So give it some time and hopefully they do stock more in there.  I am going to check a couple of our local RB this weekend and see what I can find.   I have never used the RB before.

I'll stick to my local rental store 5 dollars for 5 nights is much better but redbox is a lot better than BB.

Oh jeez guys how dare you be ok with this when the poor game devs aren't getting 100% of their profits! Think of their children, stop renting games you monsters.

In all seriousness it's about damn time. In my area there is literally no rental places anymore, besides Redbox for movies.

Yea , Fotyfoe sent me a message too with the good news.

It's definitely a great step forward for those who DO NOT have Gamefly or any other alternatives. Even if you have Gamefly this can be a great way to get a game for a couple of days while you are waiting for a title to be shipped/delivered. Especially if you miss the boat on getting a NEW releasae shipped the Monday before a game's release, as all NEW RELEASES go to Low Availability after Monday.

Perhaps Gamefly will get a kick in the butt and begin stocking more inventory as a result of Redbox's competition. One can only hope.

Looks cool,but 2 dollars per day seems a bit overpriced. Especially since many games would take the average person a few days to complete