Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare Collection

Hi ! I recently purchased Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare Collection when it was on sale for 1000 MS points. Well at first i thought that i couldn't play it without the original RDR disc, so i checked it from internet. In this Part of a RDR Wiki:    http://reddead.wikia.com/wiki/Undead_Nightmare#Undead_Nightmare_Collection     It clearly says that i don't need the original RDR disc to play the UN-collection.. Well i then went and bought it, after i had downdoaded it i tried to play it just to notice a information box telling me to play the game i downloaded this for. So can i ask you guys working on Microsoft, are you trying to fool your customers or what ? I'd really like my money back or get this thing worked out some other way.

Kind regards,

Pwn3rg0d

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 81 Applies to:

I just did a quick search and every answer I found said the same thing.

1, If you download undead nightmare off LIVE marketplace then you need RDR to access it.
2, If you buy the hard copy of undead nightmare from a store you do not need the original game.

I do not know how accurate this is but like I say all the results say the same, so its a safe bet its correct.
You will need to purchase RDR to play.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

GreyPilgrim has gotten it exactly right. If you buy Undead Nightmare Collection from the marketplace you need the original game in order to play it. Buy the Collection on disc and you will not need the original.

Buying it on discs makes a lot of sense if you do not have any of the other DLC. The disc based version of Undead Nightmare not only has the excellent campaign but all the multiplayer DLC as well.

Sorry this didn't help.

Well thanks for the clearance, i just ordered the original RDR so i can at least then play my dlc :p

Sorry this didn't help.