Red Dead Redemption: can't get on multiplayer

When i start multiplayer for Red Dead Redemption it would load for 2 sec. and the screen will go black and it would send me back to the dashboard without saying the disk is unreadable. This happens when i play with the disk and when i play it when i downloaded it. Can someone please help?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Have you tried this on another console? I would try that if possible and make sure you use your profile. Look at the back of the disc and see if there are any scratches or variations in the color of the dye on the back.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I know this post is very old but I was just having this exact same problem and I couldn't figure out what to do. Been having it for months now, every time I went on Red Dead and chose Multiplayer from the Main Menu, it would just load for a few seconds and then I would be back at the dashboard??? I just tried Undead Nightmare Single Player as well and it did the same thing! No error message, nothing, it just acts like I've just signed in.

I looked for help everywhere and then I finally found this post. I have the game downloaded from Games on Demand and it has worked fine for ages. Once this started happening I just ignored it and moved on to another game, I thought perhaps it was just a server problem but it's like still doing it??? So then I went on my HDD and saw I had two Undead Nightmare DLCs installed: Undead Nightmare Pack and Undead Nightmare v25 Pack. Both were 1.6GB. So I checked this out over the internet and found this page: support.rockstargames.com/.../479645-crashing-on-360-after-re-downloading-undead-nightmare-and-then-launching-it-from-the-main-menu

So if you are having this problem, check on your HDD to see if you have the Undead Nightmare DLC installed twice. If you do then delete the normal one and keep the Undead Nightmare v25 Pack which is the latest one, then your game will work fine! Just thought I will post this here just in case someone else ever has this problem!

Sorry this didn't help.

Tachikoma Shell:  Thanks for the info!  Having the same problem and noticed looking at RDR files I had 2 Undead files.  Will try this and cross my fingers that it works...

Sorry this didn't help.

Firstly, welcome to the Xbox forums. Going back to your question some games have had problems with solo/ multiplayer modes, including screens going black or freezing. Usually this is fixed by an update that's released a couple of months after the game first shows up. Please try clearing your cache and removing your hard-drive out and in also try contacting the creators of the game as they run the servers.

Sorry this didn't help.

@Tachicoma

Thanks for the update. I had the same problem myself and totally deleted the Undead DLC from my HDD since I already finished getting all the achievements from it. I have had no problems since.

I tried everything in the past from Clearing the cache to downloading all the developers patches but none of them work. The best advice I got was on the RDR forums from other gamers who actually played the game and somehow managed to find a fix.

Again thanks for updating the post. You should consider signing up as an ambassador so you can help many more gamers :) ambassadors.xbox.com/.../home.aspx

Have a great week !

Sorry this didn't help.

Woah sorry for the late reply I completely forgot about this post, I'm glad it actually helped people! Yeah no updates or clearing the system cache will fix this, you just need to delete the other Undead Nightmare DLC if you have two of them on your HDD. Thanks dude but I always have my hands full, I would be like the worst ambassador, I'll be like helping one person every five years haha Once again, I'm glad it worked and I hope it helps anyone else out with this issue.  

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey everyone! Just a friendly reminder that this thread was started back in 2011. Please be mindful of the original post date of a thread before replying. Thanks in advance!

Sorry this didn't help.

OMG! i think you just solved this problem for me!

Sorry this didn't help.