Recycled areas

Anyone a little annoyed that the optional missions all used recycled maps, nothing new was used? The two in space used the same ship design, that I guess can be explained by them being the same class of ship, which is acceptable, as it was Just two of them, but when you get to Tau Volantis all of the optional missions use the same map, just with varying entrance points. Some of them even use the same objective rooms. And the one that makes absolutely no sense is when you get into chapter 17 and are no longer in the ruins of the human base, the final optional mission is still the same map.

Anyway, to me that is the only flaw in an otherwise great game. And for me it broke the immersion factor. 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

I agree, on my 1st go through I didn't pay much attention but I noticed on my 2nd run. That and I wish Carver had more missions that focused on him.

The lazy level design and enemy encounters are annoying but i still enjoy the game....complete silence spams you with a wave on enemies rinse and repeat its very dull.

^^ Well silence always followed with enemy spawns, maybe not as many enemies as 3 tho.

[quote user="tCruzin4lyfe"]

I agree, on my 1st go through I didn't pay much attention but I noticed on my 2nd run. That and I wish Carver had more missions that focused on him.

[/quote]I hope the DLC is more Carver and not new characters like Severed was. But yeah, when I noticed the recycled optional mission maps, it was my only complaint about the game, that and Chapter 14 glitched on impossible and I had to play it through twice to get it to tick off. Others wise easily one of my favoruite games in the last 12 months, up there with Sleeping Dogs and Darksiders 2.

Well it's quite obvious that the optional missions are all the same in the layout but does it annoy me? Not at all. I had though I had done them all for the achievement but I guess not.

^^ I see what you mean, the bright side is you get tons of resources when you do them :) @Taka, I like Carver lol. Santos - "it's only 4 of us, I can't go on!", Carver replies "then we leave you behind!" Lol. Loved it.