Recovering downloaded content

I recently had to purchase a new xbox because the old one took a crap and fried the hard drive along with it so all of our downloads are gone so I can't transfer the data to the new one.  Does anyone know if it's possible to recover those and if so how? Help!!!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

Hey there! You can always re-download your content from the marketplace. It may take some time to go through your Download history under account management, but this will be how you re-download the content.

If you still had the HDD you could do a Data migration, using a 'Data Migration kit' you could purchase at a retailer. If you do not have the Kit then you will have to download them individually.  

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

It is recommended that you transfer all content licenses through the Xbox website. It will automatically put everything in your download history ensuring that everything you ever purchased is easily downloadable without having to manually do it.

Sorry this didn't help.

Nightmare, as I am aware it will only put your license in your Active downloads. It will not download the content itself. Please correct me if I am wrong, but if he did a license transfer it would not solve it issue, it would only transfer the license, it would not recover the actual content.

Sorry this didn't help.