Recovering deleted install game from xbox HDD

I bought GTA V via preorder and got it when it came out. I was away from home and my niece got on my xbox and deleted my game install. I installed the game on my HDD to make it run better and for the fact that if my game messed up I could still play it. So I got back and turned on my xbox and cranked up GTA V. I heard sirens a minute later I heard sirens again and my game repeated over and over. So I pulled my HDD and went to my sisters house. When I put my game in their xbox it don't the same thing. On my home screen it says Play GTA V but when I press X on it to install the game it says Purchase $59.99. I pulled my game and turned it over and noticed I had these little white specs that covered my game all the way to the inside hole. I googled it and there was many posts about this happening to other people with older CDs having a condition called disk rot. There is no discoloration or distortion in the actual disk just many white dots. I read that I should try washing my disk so I tried that twice then cleaned it with alcohol and the disk still looks the same. So now I can't play the game and I don't have my install to play it. Because I preordered it I have no warranty from GameStop and no install on my xbox to play it. Is there any way I can recover the install and/or play the game? General input over the situation and how a 3 month old game has disk rot is greatly appreciated. Thank You, xMauziex

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Is this Disc 1 or Disc 2?

Disc 1 is the mandatory installation and is installed by pressing A and just letting the game load up will install the roughly 8GB of content to the HDD. Disc 2 is not recommended as an installation as that actually decreases performance for this title (the console can read the content faster off a spinning disc).

In either case, you could just borrow a copy of the game from a friend to do the installation. If you then install Disc 2 too, as long as the Xbox can verify that your slightly damaged Disc 2 is still a legitimate version it will run the game from the HDD installation file.

Xbox Forums moderator. Xbox MVP. r/xboxinsiders moderator. Twitter: @13mxn

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

He didn't ask hou that

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.