Recon Idea

I have an idea for recon:

What if they give the recon class a infrared laser designator for spotting purposes. Only other recons and vehicle operators can see the infrared laser and it can be used for targeting purposes. Say you're doing some recon and you see a tank or a building populated with multiple hostiles. Pull out your infrared laser and mark them. That way jets, tanks, and helicopters not in your squad can see that they're there. This can be balanced so people don't run around with lasers because enemy recons can also see the lasers.

With the addition of jets, this can be an interesting team play factor. It can also boost the amount of recon the recons do, because we all know that class isn't used to it's full potential.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I see what your saying. Maybe limit it so you can only use it once or twice in the whole round for balancing purposes. So when you do decide to use it, it has to be worth it.

Oooor... they could just freakin remove the kit altogether. That would be ideal.

lol

A recon is very useful as long as you can communicate with them and they're competent.

[quote user="ll Hooch ll"]

Oooor... they could just freakin remove the kit altogether. That would be ideal.

[/quote]

I know what your saying and I sadly have to agree. The recon kit is my favorite kit. It's the ultimate kit when used right, but 90% of the community uses it wrong, so I kinda want it out of BF3. Or maybe add an option to kick players again. Under the kick option have "useless sniper" and after a certain number of people vote to kick that player they are kicked from the game.

just eliminate 12x scopes, 'marksman headshot bonuses', and add a nice bright camp fire that pops up  that puts out a smoke stream if the player doesn't move after 5 minutes.

I don't have a big problem with having too many snipers usually if I spam smoke in front of them and kill 'em twice they get the idea and change classes. Or I just let them keep killing me until they get booted.

[quote user="Red Clown"]

I see what your saying. Maybe limit it so you can only use it once or twice in the whole round for balancing purposes. So when you do decide to use it, it has to be worth it.

[/quote]I wouldn't mind that, maybe have it recharge like the mortar strike.

[quote user="IsaacClarkeSNL"]

I have an idea for recon:

What if they give the recon class a infrared laser designator for spotting purposes. Only other recons and vehicle operators can see the infrared laser and it can be used for targeting purposes. Say you're doing some recon and you see a tank or a building populated with multiple hostiles. Pull out your infrared laser and mark them. That way jets, tanks, and helicopters not in your squad can see that they're there. This can be balanced so people don't run around with lasers because enemy recons can also see the lasers.

With the addition of jets, this can be an interesting team play factor. It can also boost the amount of recon the recons do, because we all know that class isn't used to it's full potential.

[/quote]

This would be an interesting addition instead of having them spam mortar rounds the whole game, And hopefully BF3 has full team chat, not limited to 3 others in your squad. That would improve communications on a team vastly.

But you do realize that in order to see the infrared laser beam, you would need night vision goggles right? Get rid of the mortars, 12x scope, marksman points. TBH I think camping by snipers is limited to the consoles but I could be wrong since I haven't really played BC2 on the PC since I was at a friends house. I can tell you from experience in BF2 (PC) is that there is rarely any camping by snipers because you an only see so far. I would post a video of how far you can see in BF2 but some mod might delete it like the last time I posted something about the choppers

^^^^ LOL There still a lot of it.

Also, for this idea I thought they were already doing this?