Recommended controller

I posted about this in the RE5 board, before they made the RE4 board, so I'll post it in here for people that missed it. If you're like me, and don't like aiming with the left stick, I recommend purchasing the Datel XBox 360 TurboFire 2 Wireless Controller. It's fully programmable and you can even swap the left and right sticks. That means you can move with the d-pad and aim with the right stick. It's a tremendous improvement. If you use this control pad with the Type II control scheme in the game, then it pretty much controls like any modern game.

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/accessories/xbox-360-turbofire-2-wireless-controller/84574

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

hmm that will be perfect for me but the controller is ugly

It really doesn't look that bad in person. Trust me. It's worth it.

The only controller that you should be playing Resident Evil 4 with is a Gamecube controller..

You mean a Wii Remote?

[quote user="Kinectimal"]

The only controller that you should be playing Resident Evil 4 with is a Gamecube controller..

[/quote]

Why? Because the GC was the first console RE4 was on? That's pretty short sighted. It's not like the GC controller is superior to any other game pad. In fact it's worse in someways. Both the right analog stick and the button layout were horrible.

Yeah, the GC controller handled the game a bit better than the 360 pad but both fail in comparison to the mighty Wii-mote.