Recommendations for a new weapon

Hi guys,

Been using the Drake Sword up until now (lv 26). I've cleared the first bell tower and the Capra demon and now heading to Blightown to ring the second bell. I've been reading that the Drake becomes obsolete eventually and would like to start preparing an alternative weapon for when that time comes. What would you guys recommend ? I'd prefer a sword of some kind but, really, it doesn't matter. Also, I'm not entirely sure about what to do to level-up weapons, how scaling works, etc. Any good guides for that out there ? Thanks for all replies.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Depends on what kind of sword you're looking for. Honestly, it's hard to give much out without knowing what you really want to invest in. For all I know, you could hate straight swords but think the estocs and rapiers are better. Give a bit of what you would prefer from swords. Curved, great, straight, etc.? Any number of them outclass the Drake sword if you're willing.

I would very much prefer a Western-style weapon, a classical greatsword or *** sword of some kind. Something that I can wield with one hand but that looks impressive in a European-medieval sort of way.

Greatswords? Well, there's the Zweihander, which is an ultra greatsword. Here's a list of them, though. Go into the Straight Sword section and down where it says Large and Ultra Large are the ones you might be interested in.

I used the Drake Sword (+2) until I reached Sen's Fortress and found the lightning spear.

I've swapped to my Zweihander sword now as with it being a +8 I can take those big iron giants in the darkroot garden with 3 hits.  

Does anyone know if it's a good idea to upgrade Zweihander to a Magic Zweihander or a Raw Zweihander?

I would like to know how all this weapon upgrading works

I was upgrading my halberd and was given the option to turn it magic at a loss to its attack power but a gain in magic does this mean I can upgrade the magic one to be as powerful as before?

Or should I stick with my black nights sword that I am about to upgrade to +4? or should I leave them alone and wait for something more powerful later on I also have 3 dragon scales spare should I upgrade the drake sword as my black night one is way more powerful at the moment. Ace game though!

If you get options to turn a weapon into Magic/Enchanted (Int based) or Divine/Occult (Faith based), you should only do this if you have decent stats in those areas.  Although having a Divine weapon is good for venturing into the Catacombs (when you kill skellies with it, they stay dead).  But if you don't want to waste the ore, there is an Occult Club in Anor Londo.  If you have a strength build, then go with your basic upgrades until you can change to something like lightning or fire.

There is a divine straight sword in valley of the drakes next to that dragon playing opossum.

I HIGHLY advise anyone to get the quenlaggs fury sword. That sword is SOOOOO AWESOME!!!! I use that sword and my lighting spear, both of them maxed out. I switch between the two on the fly.

How do you get the quenlagg's fury sword? I just walked into quelagg's domain. Also, is there anything I should be worried about in there. The last bonfire I rested at was in firelink, so a bonfire location would also be helpful.