Recharging an enchanted item?

Hey Guys,

Sorry if this was posted before, but I can't find the information I need. I'm curious if anyone can tell me how I can recharge a magic item that I made? I did a simple enchantment, added flame damage to a sword and right now it has about 25% of the charges left on it. I have read that you can recharge it using a soul gem, but when I go to the enchanting station there is no option to recharge the item. Do I have to wait until it's completely depleted before I can charge it? If so, is this done at the enchanting table where I created the item?

I have plenty of filled soul gems, I just can't find anyplace to charge the item. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Ok, well.. never mind.. I found it.

I had to look around online and only found it posted one place so I'll post about it just incase anyone has the same question.

All you have to do is go into your inventory where you view the item. When looking at the item in your inventory, you can hit RB to charge it. You need to have a filled soul gem in inventory for this to work, it pops up a menu and asks you which of your gems you would like to use. I'm not sure why you would use anything other then a petty gem just to charge, but the option is there if you want to use another one.

Hopefully that helps someone out, it took me a while to figure it out.

i think some things have more charge, so lasts for more uses, so you'd need a larger gem to fully fill it.