Reception

Early Reviews have been positive with the Australian Official Magazine of gaming giving Arkham City a perfect score of 10/10 that Batman Arham City is not only the best superhero game ever made, it's one of the best games ever made full-stop. It takes the already superlative original and gloriously expands on it. It's a deeper game, more complex, more inventive ,more mature. It brings the caped crusader's world to life better than any comic book, movie or TV. show. Game Master gave Batman" AC another high score of 97% , saying "one of the greatest game ever conceived. 

P.S. I copy and paste this, not my thoughts

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

The only negative reviews I've seen thus far, sorry can't remember which magazine, is that the boss battles are anti-climatic (sound familiar?).  I didn't mind the boss battles in the first game at all (drew some negative response as well), the Poison Ivy battle was very challenging on 'Hard' mode, and Killer Croc's "chase" was great.  It was also said that there are way too many side missions in Arkham City and it disrupts the flow of the story.  Now, if this is all that they can find wrong with it, then I'm pleased with it, some people just have to find something to complain about you know...:-)

" It was also said that there are way too many side missions in Arkham City"

that is sad if that's  the only thing they see wrong, must be some intern from some college trying to get ahead. Gotham City is huge and there is enough space for everything. Side mission for Batman is going to be great. It give me more focus on the City they designed and freedom to explore.  

Yeah, too many villains and side missions is a problem I don't mind dealing with, I see this game dethroning 'MASS Effect 2' as my all-time favourite, whether or not 'MASS Effect 3' dethrones 'Arkham City', remains to be seen...:-)

Now am not a fan of mass-effect but I will never doubt its great story line and great interactive but I think they were please with Batman AC control handling, Lighting, texture, story, its psychological addiction but like you said we will see.

If AC is like AA except 5 times bigger I will give it an 11/10.

After playing Arkham Asylum, this game was a must buy for me from day 1 and outstanding reviews only solidify the purchase. Can't wait.

Game Informer is the latest to give 'Arkham City' a perfect score, which apparantly they don't give out very often, GOTY in 7 more sleeps!...:-)

reviews out already? Nice, I can't wait for this game and hopefully the future of Batman games to come will have some multiplayer.

Only hours after the news that Game Informer gave Arkham City a perfect score (only the 20th time in their 15 year history), it's been rumoured that IGN apparantly is about to reveal yet another perfect score later this week...:-)

You are right Arkham99, at 10/14/11 9 A.M Eastern time/ 6 A.M  pacific time Review should be up.  Now am not that person who cares about reviews but I don not want this game to fail, thats why am reading everything I can about this game.