Recent Update to Minecraft Causing Split-Screen to not work?

Hello,

I have been playing split-screen Minecraft on my 46" 1080p HDMI-connected TV with my 7 year old for the past month or two. There was an update that just came out maybe this week or last and since then we are no longer able to play split-screen. So far I haven't found anyone providing any information regarding what to check or any other possible requirements for this functionality other than the TV requirements. As I stated with the first lines, this is NOT the issue. 

I've read something about 'clearing the caches' but I'm not going to lie, I have no clue how to do that with the Xbox 360. 

Any assistance in what I can try would be greatly helpful on this. 

Thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

To clear the cache, go to System Settings>Storage, and then press Y at the harddrive (just have it highlighted), and then press A at yes for accepting storage device maintenance.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for the steps on that, however it did not fix the issue. What I was able to find was that the new update appears to have changed the default game-type to 'Online' once I found this setting in Minecraft I was able to get Split-Screen working again. I don't remember where the setting was as I am not in front of the game right now.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.