Rebuilding Master Chief in Halo 4

# There should be a new section for Halo 4, otherwise people will spam Halo: Reach.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/121/1219975p1.html

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Nothing wrong with talking about it here, though you're most welcome to go suggest it to someone who feels the same.

________

I am not impressed by how it looks so far... it still looks clunky and Reach-esque, and that's not what I want. We'll see, because I'm not straight hateful, but I am certainly not hopeful.

Am I hearing this right? There's going to be a progression system/perks?... Just kill me now.

^

Wait, what? Did I miss that?

I'm off to bed, since it's very late, but WTF.... :S Like I say, we'll get more information as time goes on but it'll be an interesting, potentially disappointing period...

If they are planning on releasing it in August or September of 2012 then a beta must be right around the corner.  Beta maybe in April or May??  I wonder what they will be removing to improve the graphics.  I also didnt see any armor loadouts in the video. No jetpacks, armor lock or anything like that.   I have a feeling the armor effects or armor loadouts might not make a return in Halo 4 since they were not part of Halo 1,2, or 3. Those were only in Reach. Just a guess. Battle rifle is back for those that like the battle rifle.

We don't know much yet about how the game will play. Same for the perk system. You guys should wait for more information and lower expectations for the moment.

Don't know if it actually says it in the video, I watched it on a different site and they were talking about perks in the article.

www.eurogamer.net/.../2012-03-05-halo-4-perks-system-introduced

That article looks extremely fishy, JB. The title says that the perk system has been introduced, but no other information about it was given. No official statement from 343 either. Only small quotes apparently from Frank O'Connor. I would take that with a grain of salt until we actually get solid information about it. That article even said that what was previewed at the Spring Showcase was very traditional, and the revolutionized stuff was not in the preview. We'll have to see, but I'll be very disappointed if they're taking this to COD.

Idk, this quote from g4tv.com worries the *** out of me...

"For starters, in addition to customizable loadouts, players will now be able to choose from an unspecified variety of abilities/perks that go far beyond the rather limited options seen in past games and that will “fundamentally change” how your character plays. Not surprisingly, 343 isn’t sharing any details on what this might mean just yet. You’ll also be able to once again fully customize the look of your Spartan as well."

http://www.g4tv.com/games/xbox-360/53696/halo-4/articles/76741/halo-4-gameplay-preview-setting-the-stage-for-the-next-decade-of-halo/

Doesn't the Spartan IV armor indicate that there will be other Spartans in Halo 4?  To remind you all, in Halo Wars the Spartans were IVs, and if any of you recall the "Spirit of Fire" (the ship they were on) was lost and never seen again.  Maybe Halo 4 will have those Spartans and UNSC forces.

Yeah there's a lot of controversy going on at the 343 forums. This'll be interesting. We'll just have to wait and see what they tell us.

~

A little off topic, I hope this isn't the only information we're getting today. It wasn't much information at all. Simply a first glance at what it will look like. Everyone's been hyping up the embargo being lifted, and I hope today will bring some more news rather than a 4 minute video that basically told us nothing.