REASONABLE Sawed-Off Nerf! (No wait, this one is actually worth your damn time!)

Instead of reducing the Sawed-Off's range or spread, I have a better idea.

Epic intended players to be using the Sawed-Off defensively, but that's clearly not the case. We're getting instances where people are bum rushing towards power weapons or other players in a jihad manner and then letting the thing rip. Epic intended the weapon to be a COUNTER RUSHING weapon.

So how about a longer delay after rolling or roadie running? How many times have you shot someone charging at you seemingly a million times with your Gnasher only for him to roll right up to you and blast you to pieces while you were rolling away?

Now give me my Nobel Peace Prize!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

No

I say beef the Gnasher up instead.  At the same distance the SOS can turn you into meat pudding so should the Gnasher.  Just keep the spreads of the shottys the same so you actually have to aim the Gnasher.   I usually put 3 shots into a SOS guy before he kills me.  I'm a surgeon with that shotty too.  

Never happened to me. Learn to evade better.

No, they should just reduce the spread/damage...

Nerfing? i don't think so. tweaking? probably. i think its really more the people using the sawed off more than the weapon itself.

I say give us a Classic Gametype.

Only Gnasher, and Lancers, with power weapon pick ups. Likes Gears 1.

[quote user="CATZCREW"]

We're getting instances where people are bum rushing towards power weapons or other players in a jihad manner and then letting the thing rip. Epic intended the weapon to be a COUNTER RUSHING weapon.[/quote]

The purpose of the weapon isn't to counter rushing.

The Sawed-Off was introduced in order to give casual players a means of fighting back somewhat effectively against the obsessive Gnasher experts that have always dominated Gears multiplayer.  Its purpose is to be an easy-to-use close-combat weapon and, in particular, an effective deterrent against the Gnasher.

I say STFU and play the game.

I say no Epic employee reads these forums so yeah, pointless, go ask in the epic forums

Or you can just reduce increase the spread and range a little...Besides why the hell would you rush a power weapon with a SOS or any close range weapon at that do you not play Gears? You will get picked off by a Lancer/Hammerburst the second you do by the other team just waiting for some idiot to grab it thinking no one is watching.