Really confused about the level cap...please help.

Okay so I am obviously new to the Borderlands community, I've had the game for about two weeks now. Love it. Already got 1,000/1,000 gscore. So obviously I am level 50. However, I immediately stopped after hitting 50 and am coming onto these forums because I am confused about the level cap. Can i reach the 69 level cap in the main game without any DLC? Do I have to buy the Knoxx DLC to reach 69 (even though it says it only goes up to 61) OR do I have to buy the Knoxx DLC and a second/third/fourth DLC in order to reach 69? I don't really have 40 dollars to spend on DLC right now (and I know i shudve gotten the GOTY edition), so please don't tell me to just buy all the DLC. Please help. Thanks.

Was this discussion helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

With just the regular game you can only go up to level 58, so keep playing cuz when u hit level 51 u get another acheevo, if u want level 69 u need to get the secret armory DLC, the other DLCs are fun just no level upgrades, just bonus skill points for completing the dlcs, 1 for each playthrough. My suggestion get the Secret Armory for now, you only need the other DLCs if u wanna get all the acheevos

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

The DLC will get your level higher but not ALL the DLC.  Mad Moxxie won't.  You won't get ANY XP from it.  The best, in my opinion, are Gen Knoxx, Zombie Island and then Claptrap Revo.  Moxxie last but only if you have 2-4 friends, with at least 8 hours to waste.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

If your level stopped increasing once you reached level 50, then you are missing the (free) patch that increased the level cap to 58.

There were to things that increased the Borderlands level cap.

1. The Secret Armory of General Knoxx add-on increased the level cap by 11. As this came first, the level cap was raised to 61.
  2. Patch 1.4.1 increased the level cap by 8. This means with the Secret Armory add-on, the level cap is 69. Patch only, the level cap is 58.

Since you do not have the add-on, you should be able to reach level 58 (without buying anything). If you are truly stuck at 50, then you need to install the patch. Assuming you have an XBox360, just sign into XBox Live and try to start Borderlands. You should be prompted to install the patch. If you have Borderlands on a different platform, I am sure that they have their own method for getting the (equivalent) patch.

Refer to the Borderlands wiki (experience points and patch) for more details.

Once the patch is installed, you can raise your level further (to 58). You do not need any DLC to do this -- just do play-through 2 and 2+ to keep earning experience. However, I would recommend getting (at least) Secret Armory, assuming you enjoy the base game. It costs 800 points ($10) but if you watch for occasional specials, you can get it at half-price.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

thanks guys, im up to 64 now, I'm a little obsessed with this game lol, can anybody help me beat Crawmerax? please

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This is a great game and the best DLC is Knoxx but if you decide to get Clap Trap DLC (which is second best) the collector achievements are annoying.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This is Borderlands it is a game about finding and collecting things, if you find that annoying then you might find the entire game annoying since that what a lot of the quests / missions are about from the main game to the DLCs.

[quote user="W4RL0CK 30"]

collector achievements are annoying.

[/quote]

my name here

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="CosmicStrike"]

This is Borderlands it is a game about finding and collecting things, if you find that annoying then you might find the entire game annoying since that what a lot of the quests / missions are about from the main game to the DLCs.

[quote user="W4RL0CK 30"]

collector achievements are annoying.

[/quote]

[/quote]

the annoying ones are like thestupid random thigns that claptraps drop..like panties pizza..etc...and there's no way of telling how many of each you've collected...I've done Tannis' crazy mission once..lol it was fun to do.and Inow have this game on Steam.and having even more fun with it...

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

wait you have borderland goty edition steam.i switch to pc when ifeel the need to kill some zombies or claptraps,arma II

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

There is a way of telling how many you've collected, it was talked about in the old forums, here is what you do.

grab some note paper, and make a list of the items, then check them each time you get one.

really that's what i did and other players i know did to keep track of them.

[quote user="oRainbow Crasho"]

the annoying ones are like thestupid random thigns that claptraps drop..like panties pizza..etc...and there's no way of telling how many of each you've collected...I've done Tannis' crazy mission once..lol it was fun to do.and Inow have this game on Steam.and having even more fun with it...

[/quote]
my name here

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I too am confused at the level cap thing. Sorry, i know it isnt hard, i just haven't woken up yet.

I have played through the game once and got to about level 40 i think.. or v close to that.

I started playthrough 2 and went through a few missions and decided to buy the Dr Neds Zombie Island DLC.

If i play through the DLC on playthrough 1, my cap seems to be stuck at level 41 however when i play it on playthrough 2, i starts to increase again.

Whats the explanation for this then?? Why is the game 'making me' play through the DLC on playthrough 2 in order to get EXP. I want to play it through on 1 first, then max out, then do playthrough 2...

hmmmmm....

annoying.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Discussion Info

Last updated August 19, 2021 Views 255 Applies to: