Realism vs. "Over The Top" Gameplay. GTA V.

While searching for articles related to GTA V, I've come across two styles of gameplay that most people want in GTA V: Realism and "Over The Top" Gameplay. What would you prefer? To add my own opinion, I think that Saints Row the Third will take care of "Over the Top" Gameplay. Realism is okay, but too much might not be the best thing for everyone; I for one don't mind if R* focuses more on realism, however, I think it would cause less people to buy it due to what most players want to do is "kill other players." Based on a factual statistic, most GTA players want to do nothing but "kill other players" while playing GTA Multiplayer. IMHO though, I believe that the topic: Realism vs. "Over the Top" Gameplay, should be soloely left up to the players and should not be forced onto them. Players should be able to choose between the two, not just forced to choose one or the other because everyone has a different gameplay style. Hopefully GTA V and R* will be able to combine a little bit of both.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

LOL - that may be hopeful but I like it. haha. It would be cool as heck.

I would like it if you could like take a picture with your XBOX cam or Kinect cam, and then it maps the face onto a character so that you could become your multi character! wow I amaze myself.............jk hahaha.

Another idea I had: Regarding facial technology, what if R* was able to use that tech to make what we say through our mics transmitted to our characters where they can actually say what we are saying through the mouth moving and proper pronuciation clearly depicted through lip movement. Let me try to explain this one more time. Suppose we are able to have the ability to say what we want to say tyhrough our mics. Now, what if this is able to be projected through our online characters in a way that makes it look like they are saying what we say? For instance: (You) "Take that, BI@T$H!!!" (Online Character) "Take that BI@T$H!!!" (Lips move accordingly and correct pronounciation is present). Hopefully someone can explain it a little better but hopefully you get the point. Adds more realism and would be a cool new feature.

Brilliant Legend, I agree.

I know Bondi went out of business! Too bad for them, I am happy to hear about the facial tech being carried over to 5. Awesome.

MY EXAMPLE: Although the game is called Grand Theft Auto, we should still be able to do what we want when we want. I'm not saying we should be as crazy as Saints Row genre, but we should adpot SOME aspects of this. For starters, we were very limited in the clothing section. Why don't R* allow us to either play with premade skins depicting various oddjobs abd some "casual" ones. That or give us the ability to customize our multi character with more options as far as clothing, as far as going with a special clothing option, which will allow the more RP-esque to enjoy and anyone who wants to impersonate a certain Law Enforcement or Emergency Service personnel. Not only that but they will have tons of clothing based off the multiple clothing stores in SP. As for vehicles, R* should allow every vehicle from SP and implement it into MP. This will discourage modding at least 10%-20%. Also, they should have it that when you play online, you start out at a house and, as you rank up, the house becomes more upgraded into a mansion/more expensive looking house. This house will also be used to store cars you get from online and to save progress, such as money, weapons, vehicles, and online stats. Not only that, but car customization should come back, and a new feature should be allowed allowing players to chage CERTAIN cars into Police vehicles by adding UC lights on it. These are just some of my ideas for an enhanced multiplayer experience.

@NV, I believe I read somewhere that R* will be using the same facial recognition technology used for LA NOIRE, even though another rumor claims that R* was NOT very nice to Team Bondi. I'm all for realism, as I'm a realist (someone who plays realistic and develops a "character"). In my opinion, R* should keep the SP as realistic as they want but, according to DeBLAIN, make the multiplayer have infinte possiblities. Here's my example (which will be on another post)

I would like to see a "realism" brought to GTA like they did with LA NOIRE, maybe to use the same tech to make the charcaters more realistic - otherwise I like it the way it is. Plus if they make it too real they're gonna have everyone breathing down their necks to change things up. They already have a hard enough time with ratings etc.

Hmm, good ideas all around. Would having a special clothing option where you can customize your cahracter, in multiplayer, to wear clothing that relates to the NPCs (cops, firefighters, paramedics, businessmen, construction worksers, bums, drug dealers, gangs, etc) be a good idea as far as less realism or more?

Realism in the single player campaign is fine but you should have the option for all the wacky stuff for when you just want to mess around & for online.

@DeltaJun, I agree with what you are saying. I'm also looking for a nice balance. Hopefully they give us some better stuff, perhaps a clothing option that allows us to have clothing simialr to NPCs? I've already discussed this in another topic. @brandyn o mac, as long as it's NOT in London, I'll reserve my copy too. Does anybody have any new news on GTA V yet?

I doubt Rockstar is concerned with competing with Saints Row, they have a very dedicated following and will do just fine.. And isn't the next Saints Row only going to have coop as MP? Anyways, I know I will be pre-ordering the next GTA... can't wait til we get some info on it.