Ready for Spartan Ops to be over

Is it just me, or does Spartan Ops essentially boil down to Crimson goes in, Crimson gets ambushed, Crimson has to hold off about 20 waves of drop pods and/or Phantoms, base doesn't know why defenses aren't working or air support isn't available...until you've already killed everything and then the help is unneeded.

I know there's a formula, but it's only Episode 4 and I'm tired of it. Doesn't matter what maps or vehicles or the number of enemies that are thrown at us, I'd like to have something doesn't involve things going unexpectedly bad and having to hold of absurd waves of reinforcements that can appear at a moment's notice while Crimson has absolutely nothing for backup.

Would love for some more variety if this is really supposed to be story-driven co-op.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

In the last episode, chapter 3 you get crimson air support that takes out like 8 phantoms to end the mission.

I feel the same.  I enjoy it but doing the same levels every episode is dull and boring.  I like variety, I LOVE the missions just dislike that every episode has you revisit the same spots over and over again.  Except Episode 3, it's the only one that actually has ONE different map.

[quote user="Wh1t35hadow"]

In the last episode, chapter 3 you get crimson air support that takes out like 8 phantoms to end the mission.

[/quote]Yes, at the END of it. :( By then,  you've already taken out absurd numbers of enemy reinforcements. That's my point.

I doubt that it's going to change much.  It's essentially Firefight with cutscenes.  The same maps over and over get really boring, but I guess it makes new places (like the Ragnarok map in episode 3) that much more awesome to play, hah

for what it is, i think they've done a good job moving you through the maps and whatnot. it's just a firefight mode with a slight over-arching story, there's only so much they can do in a single map...it's also an fps, what else is there besides shooting things and pressing buttons? they could probably hide the waves a little better, mission 4 of episode 3 comes to mind...but still, it is what it is.

I agree with some of what has been said here, but as a 'noobie' to the Halo scene, the only thing that bugs me is how you will be dropped alone into a major firefight, when it is fairly obvious you are supposed to have a "fire team" with you in some cases.

In the SO mission where you DO have AI sidekicks, they can be worse than useless, with them being killed within minutes of the mission start. The only good thing about that is, if you are quick enough, you can scavenge their ammo/weapons, which is always useful.

Don't get me wrong I still like the idea of Spartan Ops.  Hell, I LOVED Firefight in Reach.

[quote user="TraveledMender9"]

I agree with some of what has been said here, but as a 'noobie' to the Halo scene, the only thing that bugs me is how you will be dropped alone into a major firefight, when it is fairly obvious you are supposed to have a "fire team" with you in some cases.

In the SO mission where you DO have AI sidekicks, they can be worse than useless, with them being killed within minutes of the mission start. The only good thing about that is, if you are quick enough, you can scavenge their ammo/weapons, which is always useful.

[/quote]

Honestly that's pretty normal for a spartan. That is having a small Spartan squad go in without marines. I am pretty sure in the latest episode they more or less griped at the fact that they had to babysit the marines in the first place. 

I actually made a thread about Episode3: Chapter 4 because it was so epic.  I hate to spoil it but by the end of that round all 4 players are in their own mechs that instantly respawn when killed,  they drop around 16-18 Hunters, a lot of banshees, drop ships, wraiths,  Elites and much much more. In fact there is a point where one of the drop pods drops out 6 Hunters at the same time!!!!!   6 hunters at once has NEVER happend in the Halo games!  Let alone taking on around 16-18 of them in the round. I cant even comprehend someone being sick of Spartan Ops.    Episode 4 was pretty dang good too.  A lot of sword elites and seeing the Promethians on the Valhalla map with at least 6 warthogs was awesome.  To each his own but I look forward to the new episodes EVERY single Monday.  Plus spartan ops was designed to be played as a co-op so if you are playing solo and not enjoying it, well you are doing it wrong. lol

I look forward to it each week as well. The thing I love most is, lets be honest, the single player takes around 8 hours to finish. It is nice to have more details of the story released slowly and thus making the story extend beyond the 8 hours most of us have already done.

And the episode that ended with you in the mantis was freaking amazing.