Reading Disk Error?

I got my xbox a few years ago and I got a digital copy of Skyrim with it. I have playing Skyrim a fair amount since then. But recently when I start it up I get the main menu, it loads the two DLCs and when I click Load, Continue or New; a Read Disk Error pops up. Its says to clean the disk but how clan I do that if I never had a disc? I deleted Skyrim off my console and re-downloaded it but the error still pops up.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

I'm having a similar problem with a different game.  Originally installed from disc to Xbox 360 console, totally *** up the disc trying to clean it, downloaded and paid for another version of the game, still get the same error.  I've tried clearing the cache, deleting the downloaded game, downloaded demos to fill up space in case it's a drive issue with the console, redownloaded the game and still get the same error that it can't read the disc.  Looking for a solution that works.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Sorry to hear it guys.  Please try the steps at this link.

support.xbox.com/.../disc-drive-solution

Sorry this didn't help.

I managed to fix it, I believe it was a contradicting save. I deleted a bunch of saves from the hard drive and now it words.

Sorry this didn't help.