Reach Title Update Specifics

Details [quote]The Halo: Reach Title Update will add more options and flexibility to Halo: Reach's Multiplayer. It will roll out in late September and gives 343 designers the following levers to create game variants in Matchmaking playlists. Of course while all of these features can be enabled via Matchmaking playlists, players should remember that 'normal' Reach gameplay can and will continue untouched in its own Matchmaking playlists. The features and elements listed here are tools available to us and will be used and implemented appropriately.

News on the timing of the Title Update release will be
revealed at the Halo: Anniversary panel at 10 am on the 26th of August during Halo Fest.

Specifics:

Make damage bleed to health through shields possible.

Make reticle bloom configurable.

Modify Armor Lock.
• Sticky grenade will not be nullified if you use Armor Lock after being stuck.
• Damage received while in Armor Lock is transferred to remaining Armor Ability energy.
• How much the damage depletes your Armor Lock energy is configurable.

Modify Active Camo.
• Reduce the bonus time the player gets in Active Camo while standing still.
• Reduce the overall length of time the player can be in Active Camo.

Remove Sword block.
• Disable the ability to block Sword attacks using melee with anything other than
another Sword.

Implement the classic Magnum from Halo: CE.

Enable playing Co-Op Campaign and Firefight without requiring a HDD.[/quote]

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

"Reticule Bloom is configurable." does this mean that bloom can be turned on and off?

Looks good to me. The only thing I kind of don't like is the Active Camo modifications. I think it's rather pointless since it's not a very common AA to run into, nor is it very powerful. Armor Lock mods look fantastic and Sword Block removal sounds spectacular. I'm sick of lunging at someone and immediately turning away by instinct thinking that person is dead, only to hear that "ZZZZOIIIIIINNNNNGGG!!!!" and get beat down from the person who should have the Sword stuck in their chest.

~

Can't wait to see how bloomless play and bleed through melee work with Reach. Shall be interesting and exciting!

Enable playing Co-Op Campaign and Firefight without requiring a HDD.

Why was Bungie not able to fix this for so long, but 343 can do it from the gate?

As long as bloom remains untouched in Firefight Matchmaking, I'm happy.

i heard on the street Fullmetal ws the firefight king =)

ha ha but anyway the update sounds good and interesting! looking forward to it!!

[quote user="Bogalo"]i heard on the street Fullmetal ws the firefight king =)[/quote]You heard right, I am King of Firefight. I'd have my paper crown ready, but I'm bad at paper-crafting.

ha ha maybe just get one from a xmas cracker?

do you think the bloom for firefight will only be switchable in custom not matchmaking?

[quote user="Bogalo"]do you think the bloom for firefight will only be switchable in custom not matchmaking?[/quote]To me, it sounds like it will be an addition as a game option.

I don't know how it will really work. I just want the bloom to stay in Firefight Matchmaking. I'm way too used to how the bloom works with the Assault Rifle, DMR, and the Magnum to have it off.

i guess whether you like bloom or not in reach, switching off your "pace the shots" mode would be sucky!

I think this update is stupid. I liked that Reach was a bit different from Halo 3. Now it is even closer to Halo 3. The only thing that needed fixing was the HDD issues.