Reach DLC problem

Recently I have been attempting to do some system link games.  When it comes to Halo Reach, one odd problem surfaces: I have two consoles..A & B.  Everytime we try to setup the game, on Console B we get "players failed to download content" everytime time we select a map.  And it happens with every map...not just DLC.  I have tried reinstalling the DLC on both consoles, but that does not help.  We can't play simply because of this error.  Now we have no problem with the SYstem link itself (unlike H4!).  Both consoles are visible on the link menu and we can join each other's games, but this message always appears on Console B no matter which console is the host.

Any ideas?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hey there. Have you tried updating both consoles to the latest software? Do try console 'B' with a console 'C' if you can find one. Let me know how it goes. :D

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

As far as I know they are updated.  Both are played on every day on Live.  I got one system update just this morning on A and B got it as well.  I am beginning to think that B is the problem.  This is the same console that I posted about last month giving me trouble whenever I tried to play online...I am sending it in for repair this week.  So maybe a repair will cure whatever is causing this.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Have you tried installing the Halo Reach disc to the console? If so then it may be a problem with that disc or clear your system cache here.

Sorry this didn't help.