Reach DLC Problem (A repost since no one has replied to the first one!)

Ok, so back around the middle of February, I posted about an odd problem I was having with system link games: namely, on Console B (I have two, so for reference sake will call them A & B!) every time I try to pick the map on Console A (cause that is the console for the link setup) every DLC map is unavailible on Console B.  On Console A I get a message "player failed to load content".  Each map name has a yellow star to the right of it on Console B.  Now that both consoles have returned from the shop, I still am having this problem.  Both consoles have the Anniversary, Defiant and Noble map packs on them.  None show any sign of corruption and I have tried to redownload them on Console B but that has had not effect...I still get the same results.  But I am going to do it again anyway.

Another thing I noticed just for curosity's sake: if a profile on either console is not connected to Live, then the DLC maps are not availble in either system link or custom games.  I had never saw this until just this morning.  I had to unplug Console A from the router for a minute and forgot I had!  I sat down to set up a custom game for play with my son later today when I noticed that none of the DLC maps were availible.  Everytime I clicked on one I got a message like "You have to have a Xbox-Live enabled profile" or something like that.  Well, I remembered that I had unplugged the console so I got up and plugged it and and signed in and...poof!  Suddenly the maps were usuable!  When did this start?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

What region you from. If you trying to download from the wrong region it will not work. So if your a us account but your in the uk it will not download.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey there, there is is a simple solution for your problem...I just have a few questions.

Lets start at the beginning. Console A lets you select your DLC maps but you would always get the failed to load message since console B does not have the map pack...even though it is on console B's hard drive, and in perfect shape.

My question is how did Console B acquire this map pack?
Is the profile on console A your main profile and also and XBL account?
Did you buy the map pack on console A with your account the first time and did you move your profile to console B so you could redownload it onto that account?

You see, everything you download from the market place has a license (DRM) so when you downloaded the map pack on console A, your original console also obtained the license for that item. This is also why you were able to play those maps while offline. (I'll explain that later)

So If you did move your profile to console B in order to download the map pack, only your account would be able to use the DLC and you could only use it while connected to XBL.

Now for the 2nd part, getting your 2 consoles back from repairs.

Ok, like you said, now you can no longer access those maps while offline. That is because the DRM. Remember how I said on console B, only your account could use the DLC and only while online? That is because console B does not have the license in order to use that DLC...but while signing into XBL with your main account, you would be granted a temporary access to it since XBL would be able to verify that you did purchase the content.

So now that you got your console back, the first thing you would need to do is perform a license transfer on console A.
This will let you reacquire the license to your downloaded items. After the process is complete, all you simply have to do is log onto your profile on console A, go to your download history and download all of your desired items again.

If the items are still on your harddrive then it will only take about 5 seconds to complete the download. It will start at 1%, jump to 99% and then complete itself, that was your console acquiring the license.

As for console B, there is one way to get those maps to work on that console...but first, before you perform the license transfer, reply to this post, answer the questions, tell us if there is something I missed.

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok, so let me answer these one at a time:

(1)  My question is how did Console B acquire this map pack? The same way Console A did: I purchased points and downloaded them all by using my account.

(2)  Is the profile on console A your main profile and also and XBL account? Yes.  It is the same profile I am using to post this question.  It has been a Live
      account since before the 360’s “Gold and Silver” distinctions began.

(3)  Did you buy the map pack on console A with your account the first time and did you move your profile to console B so you could redownload it onto that    account? Yes to the first half: I downloaded all 3 packs originally on console A but I downloaded my profile to console B to do the same…I did not move it since that is not required like it has been in the past.  So my account is actually on both consoles.

As far as the license transfer, I have done it already on Console A…on the 15th to be exact.  And I did it as well on Console B.  And my region is USA.

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok, so both Console A and B are using the profile RED SHIFT1.

Console A just had a license transfer on march 15th, after you did this, did you redownload all of the maps packs so you could acquire the license again and are you able to use these maps while offline on console A.

You should be able to use those maps offline for those local splitscreen modes (my assumption since I havent used local split since HALO 2)

You said you also did the transfer on console B, did you have to wait a while before you could do the transfer with your gamertag? (I know they limit how many times an account can do a transfer)

So if it did let you perform a transfer on console B too, you should have been able to log in and redownload those items again so you could use them offline.

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok, so I did your suggestion on Console A (can't on B at the moment cause my girl is on it!).  I checked the license transfter date and it states 3/15.  Can't do it again until 7/15.  I redownloaded all three packs.  And the results are:

1. As long as I am signed into my Gold account, the packs are availible for offline split screen custom games.
  2. When I sign out and into another non-Gold or non-Live profile, they are not.  The maps are listed but as I mentioned in the OP there are gold stars to the right of each one's name.  And when I click on a map the message "You must have an Xbox-Live enabled profile to access Xbox Live Marketplace."

So the only conclusion is that in order to access these maps in Custom or System Link games, every profile must have either a Silver or Gold profile.  I will test this conclusion shortly when Console B is free.  But right now it is definite for Console A.

Sorry this didn't help.