Re-downloading issues

So, let me give the full story so there are no missing details. I live in the UK but I am currently in France staying with my parents for the summer. My account is registered in the UK, my copy of Black Ops is the UK version. While I was in the UK, I downloaded the Escalation Map Pack and the First Strike Map Pack both of them were the [EN] versions and I didn't have any problems downloading them. However, I downloaded them on a different console (my housemate's 360). I saved the Escalation Pack to my USB so that's fine, but I seem to be unable to re-download the First Strike map pack. It gets to about 97-99% before it says it can't download the content. I've tried to clear my system cache but that hasn't worked, I've looked at the port settings on my router and they all seem fine, is there anything else I can do?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Short of creating a whole new account and downloading it there... I've spent enough money on this stuff.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I just tried re-following each step on the 'I can't download content' thread to no avail.

Sorry this didn't help.

bump

Sorry this didn't help.

It's basically a region issue - forums.xbox.com/.../34.aspx

Since your account and the actual region you are in don't match, it's causing you to be unable to redownload it. You would either have to wait until you go back to the UK or create a new account.

Sorry this didn't help.

Seriously? Now I know you're probably not representative of Xbox's rules and regulations, but could you shed any light on why the physical region makes any difference? Or rather, why there isn't some form of failsafe for people who move a lot. I've been in four different countries in the past six months, hence my relative anger at the system =\

Sorry this didn't help.

There is some content that is region locked, and in this case, it's the content you're trying to download. For that DLC, the account region, disc region, and actual location all have to match in order for it to be downloaded. It's basically a way to keep people from creating an account with false information to try to download something that's not available in their own country.

Sorry this didn't help.

Damn... I won't be in England for at least a few months. This could have all been avoided if I had copied the file to my USB -.-

Sorry this didn't help.