Rating issues with "The Gunstringer"

Gentlemen,

First let me say that I have enjoyed my experience with xbox. The games and the qaulity of the product you make available has been exeptional in my opinion. My son and I have spent many hours playing games on the Xbox, both purchased from retail stores and downloaded from xbox directly. This christmas I purchased the Xbox Kinect for my family and we were all very excited. Three games were bundles with the purchase. The CD provided with the game contained Kinect adventures and  two download codes were provided. One for Fruit Ninja which we have enjoyed greatly, and the other for "the Gunstringer". I reviewed the guntringer ratings based on online content and found it to be rated "Teen" for violence" which is required if a game involves a gun that you are going to use and sexual themes. I obviosly did not do my due diligence in researching a game title thate I considered to be safe for my 13 year old son to play. I observed the first 15 minutes of play in which the first villian he faced was a ballon character typically displayed in mom and pop stores and cheap used car dealers all across America. I determined that the game was okay on this basis, but was rather shocked to find that 30 minutes later my son was standing in the living room staring at the TV with his mouth open and dinner plates for eyes. The video flash back of a lumberjack having *** with a crocodile is totally unacceptable to me and to him. This scene added nothing to the game and detracted from the Xbox experience. At 41 years old I do not enjoy this scene nor do I see the reason for including it in a "free" bundled software package, and then imbedding the video 30 minutes into the game after mom and dad have lost interest. I understand the marketing value of "shock and awe" however, I believe that microsoft has crossed the line with this rating and its release in a bundle for Kinect. The conversation theat took place after this event  was not enjoyable and the game was immediately removed from the hard drive. I do not understand why a company that can produce the software title that microsoft does coupled with the Xbox hardware would feel the need to include software containing material that is this objectionable.

Thank you fot your time.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hey Fly, I definitely understand why you're upset. I know that I wouldn't my child seeing that kind of content, either. That being said, does the box only indicate that the game is rated Teen for violence? Looking online, I see that it's rated teen for Blood, Cartoon Violence, Drug Reference, and Sexual Themes. That being said, I understand your point about the game being included in a bundle, and I apologize if that was misleading. I'll be sure to pass your feedback along. :-)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

It has a lifetime warranty, and also covers your xbox from damage due to overheating. Try to get your fan fixed by microsoft.. If you can't, and you can't or don't want to pay ms to fix your console, get a cooler... they work great .

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.