Rapid fire controllers

Yup, we've discussed it a thousand and one times. These idiots with rapid fire controllers (offense meant) do nothing but ruin FPS games.  Not only do they have a higher rate of fire, but, recently, I've been seeing others with 1. no recoil 2. silenced weapons without silencers/3 attachments on a gun (ala CoD) 3. shooting through walls (I know you can shoot through a thin steel wall fairly easily, I'm talking about through the terrain and 2 or 3 concrete walls).  Not only is this blatant cheating, punishments for it don't seem to be dished out  as fast as people can report the offender.  And what's worse is that I seem to be noticing a heck of a lot more of it.  Just this morning I was in a lobby with absolutely nothing but rapid fire users. All with no recoil.  All using silenced weapons (some with and some without silencers).  2 or 3 shooting through whole hills.  IMO, ban the dang controllers.  They give players who have them an unfair advantage over those who don't; textbook definition of cheating.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I'm going to tell you the same thing I said to the other hundred thousand people who made this thread, last week. Play better games.

They can't ban rapid controllers because they can't prove that you are using one.  That doesn't even sound like its what you are encountering though.  It sounds to me like you are encountering hacks and MS is doing there best to ban them, but they are few and there are millions of people playing CoD.  

What MODS on COD, First I've heard of that LOL, I think the next COD should have all known Mods/Hacks as perks and then everyone is happy =)

I've never seen one hack or mod in my entire span of playing COD. If I do see one, they're blatantly obvious such as the entire lobby moving really fast. The only player that I thought was cheating was one from WaW back in 2008 that could win in FFA with me being in second place at only a 9 - 5 K/D ratio. But even then I suspect that he was using an XIM3 and not hacks/mods. I've never come up against anyone as good as that player to this day and I'm still haunted at night by the very thought of those 3 matches against that player. Okay... I'm not exactly haunted at night, but I do remember those matches.

[quote user="So4pySpl4sh"]

I've never seen one hack or mod in my entire span of playing COD. If I do see one, they're blatantly obvious such as the entire lobby moving really fast. The only player that I thought was cheating was one from WaW back in 2008 that could win in FFA with me being in second place at only a 9 - 5 K/D ratio. But even then I suspect that he was using an XIM3 and not hacks/mods. I've never come up against anyone as good as that player to this day and I'm still haunted at night by the very thought of those 3 matches against that player. Okay... I'm not exactly haunted at night, but I do remember those matches.

[/quote]

So he had what, 25-30 kills when you had 9? I've done that so many times on CoD it's not even funny. I had a game on MW2, where I went 30-0 and the 2nd place guy was 3-11. I think 2-3 guys had 2 kills, another had 1 and the rest rage quit. FFA is so easy on the right maps, I've ended so many games within 3 minutes.

I've done that as well, don't put yourself in a whole different league. I'm talking about one player since 2007 across 4 different games (COD4, WaW, MW2, BLOPS) stood out in my opinion above anything I'd ever witnessed. I'm saying the guy was ridiculously good, above both myself and every other player that I'd ever seen play or played with. What I'm trying to say is that this player was not just above average, but well beyond it.

What do the rapid fire controllers actually do?

So4pySpl4sh:  Do you play the same COD series that I do?  

Many games I have just quit out of because of the hacks.  How can you even play 100 matches of any of the games and not see the cheats?  

The best I ever saw was MW2 and having the ability to jump 300 feet in the air and land on the top of all the buildings.

Sure it's hard to ban rapid fire controllers.  Can't game dev's work a way around it though?   I know CoD and GoW tried to.  CoD nerfed your rate of fire if you used one though.  Sure they keep coming out with better controllers to get around it but cun't the dev's try and keep up?

@BGH FlakJacket: Yes, I see all of the obvious ones as well such as under the map, speed lobbies, javelin glitch, etc. I've seen all of those from COD4 and up, but what I don't notice or see at least is the rapid fire controllers. I hear people in lobbies screaming about them, but I don't notice them. I've also had people say that I use one, which is absurd.