Ranking system?

Does anyone know the true ranking system for Battlefield 3 yet? I keep hearing/reading that it'll be similar to Bad Company 2 with 50 ranks, but some are saying it'll be like Battlefield 2. With the return of ribbons and medals similar to Battlefield 2, is the ranking system the same or similar to Battlefield 2? I hope so because seeing high ranked players in Battlefield 2 usually meant you were up for a challenge. I loved that you had to earn certain things and/or have a certain amount of gameplay hours just to reach a certain rank.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I hope it's like BF2. Sometimes, you needed certain medals to rank up or you are just stuck there.

[quote user="ReproductioN"]

I hope it's like BF2. Sometimes, you needed certain medals to rank up or you are just stuck there.

[/quote]

I hope not. Not that it wasn't terrible, but it wasn't really a great system all in all. Plus, think of how people will be clamoring to get those certain medals instead of going for objectives, quite possibly team killing for them too. Just not something I think is needed.

I could see some people boosting for them but it could be a fun challenge.

I would like to see more team work emphasis in the ranking system. Motivate everyone to work together.

I could see what you mean about the boosting. BF2 would sometimes have a few boosting servers, but they usually got taken down after a while. I'm not saying make it impossible, but it's nice to see that higher ranks earn their rank.  

I just found a video that shows a person ranking up to private first class 3, which would mean the ranking system will be similar to Bad Company 2. It's only alpha gameplay so one can hope it'll still turn out to be like Battlefield 2, but it probably wont be. I was hoping for a more realistic ranking system. Oh well...

[View:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SgnQVEuoaw&feature=related]

I will just cancel my preorder and forget about BF3 if you need certain medals to rank up.

I love a good tough ranking system where you have to grind out xp. It's a lot more satisfying than being handed ranks imo.

I have honestly seen only bits and pieces of what they have offically released.  I do not think the alpha is a true representation of the final product.

Same here Spud, but I am being hopeful by agreeing with StrikeSudden. The ranking system and awards have not been officially released (to my knowledge) so hopefully it'll be good and challenging in the final product.