Ranked Matches....?

What is my motivation to play a Ranked Match?

Do I get benefits for playing? Are there medals and ribbons or is it just bragging rights to have a high score?

I've never played a Ranked Match. I play quick matches or Private.

Just curious...

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

ranked matches offer competitive gameplay and award higher xp if you come out on top. not much different to quick matches except the skill level of players is higher in ranked

From what I understand Ranked = Dedicated Serviers / Player Match = Dedicated/hosted - I play more Ranked to make sure I'm on a dedicated server.

I am tend to stay away from Ranked many because when I play ranked,  I always seem to have to leave the game for some reason, and I hate taking the XP penalty.  Question, does rank have the consecutive match bonus that quick match has?

Ranked is full of blow hards who usually act like its win at all costs and gears is the center of their universe ...

The people are usually good ,they know it,and they don't mind telling you about it...

Usually full of very imature people

[quote user="FeedTheMachine"]

Ranked is full of blow hards who usually act like its win at all costs and gears is the center of their universe ...

The people are usually good ,they know it,and they don't mind telling you about it...

[/quote]

cant stand a lil' competition ;*

[quote user="iiC KyleB"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If thats what you want to call it ...LOL...

I game as a stress release and a break from real life ..Just annoying to hear a bunch of kiddos think wiggling there thumbs and pressing some buttons means something to me and hearing "get raped Bi@#$"  and whatever else you kids say these days..LOL

[quote user="iiC KyleB"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If thats what you want to call it ...LOL...

I game as a stress release and a break from real life ..Just annoying to hear a bunch of kiddos think wiggling there thumbs and pressing some buttons means something to me and hearing "get raped Bi@#$"  and whatever else you kids say these days..LOL

[/quote]

how does one beak from real life?

Raising children, working 40 hours a week, paying bills all real life.  Fumbling around with your thumbs and wasting characters on a screen not reality. I guess I would say he doesnt go around killing in real life so gameing is a break from being a responsible human being.  

Supposedly I read online if you play ranked you get more XP if you come out on top.  I also heard if you play ranked your on Epic's dedicated servers rather than someones awful host or what ever.

[quote user="Trechobezor"]

Raising children, working 40 hours a week, paying bills all real life.  Fumbling around with your thumbs and wasting characters on a screen not reality. I guess I would say he doesnt go around killing in real life so gameing is a break from being a responsible human being.  

[/quote]

Couldn't have said it any better...Hate to break it to you,but gears of war isn't real