Random Skyrim Info (Some New, Some Old)

- There will be at least 500 individual locations on the map (towns, cities, camps, dungeons, forts, etc.). Oblivion had a total of 367.

- Main quest is said to be anywhere from 30 to 40 hours in length. This is of course relative to each individual person.

- The game world is approx. the same size as Cyrodill in Oblivion, they just used more of the map and there's less "blank" spaces (clearings). Skyrim will feel bigger due to more content and mountains and more variety of terrain/environments.

- There are 5 major, walled in cities, 4 more smaller, open cities and 7 small towns/villages.

- You can cook food items with cooking pots. Doing this will alter the effects of food (boost health, for example).

- You can now gallop with horses by holding LB.

- There are a total of 300 skill books in Skyrim. When you read them you immediately gain experience in the corresponding skill that the book's about.

- You can drag items like in Oblivion and Fallout 3. Controls aren't confirmed, but supposedly you do this by holding down A instead of tapping it.

- If you leave items in a public container (barrel, chest, cabinet, etc.) that you don't own, the items may be stolen by NPCs while you're gone.

- Tap RB to use an equipped power (such as race specific powers) and hold RB for an equipped Dragon Shout. The longer you hold down RB, the more powerful the Dragon Shout will be.

- There are four dialogue options for NPCs: Persuade, Intimidate, Bribe and Brawl. Brawl lets you have a non-lethal fistfight with the NPC. If you win, the NPC will give you the info you are asking for.

- You can find Hirelings in taverns. They are mercenary NPCs that you can hire that will follow you and fight for you and even carry items for you.

- Friends can also follow you, hold items for you and even give you gifts. Obviously, you don't have to hire friends.

- You can command hirelings/friends by holding down A. A menu pops up with the following commands: Wait at a specific spot on the ground, Use an object in the game world, Attack an enemy, Open a locked door or container and Pick up item in the game world.

- You can bash enemies with your shield by holding LT and then pressing RT. Holding LT and then holding RT will enable you to do a power shield bash.

- Crimes are no longer magically known by guards like in Oblivion. Crimes must be reported first in Skyrim. If you kill all witnesses to a crime you committed, the crime will go unreported.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

[bump for teh viewz]

Thanks less then a month now and we will be doing all of this cool stuff.

I liked the glitch where chickens would tell the guards about your crimes lol.

Sick list right there, I must say.

I might just have to go on a murdering rampage at some point....

The hireling system reminds me of Fable 1

All great info... Only one I can't believe is the 30-40 hr main quest. Just can't see that one as true. Oblivion was less then 10 hrs main quest. Fallout was no better in main quest length. But... it really doesn't matter since I got over 100 hr in Oblivion and similar times in the Fallout games, content is one thing that is never lacking in TES games.

The constitution SHOULD only protect people who agree with me..

By that logic, there would be no right handers in America.

[quote user="Crusher X303"]

All great info... Only one I can't believe is the 30-40 hr main quest. Just can't see that one as true. Oblivion was less then 10 hrs main quest. Fallout was no better in main quest length. But... it really doesn't matter since I got over 100 hr in Oblivion and similar times in the Fallout games, content is one thing that is never lacking in TES games.

[/quote]

the "official" bethesda speed run record is 2:16:10 for skyrim, compared to oblivion and fallout 3's 1:15 runs.