Random parental security question

Is there anyway to prevent your kid from playing the campaign but allow the MP aspect only?  My friend has a little guy.  They won't be going online but I thought for a first time gamer, just messing around with bots would be plenty of fun.  The campaign, with some of its brutal cut scenes etc.(haven't played this one but he'd probably be getting an older COD anyway,) would not be appropriate.  I'm guessing the answer is no.

Other than that can anyone recommend any good games for a 7 year old?  Are the lego games good?  Or are there any good, "mellow," shooters?

Input appreciated.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

i don't know if you can lock the campaign 

but minecraft for a 7 yr old would be ok

I dont know of any way to do it other than just tell him what he's allowed and what not. I let my 5 year okld play against bots in bo2 and every now and then I'd notice someone from my friends list would pop in the room with him,.So you kind of got to watch that too.

As far as lego games. My son plays lego batman and loves it. Like I said he's only 5, but I'll play along with him sometimes and I'd definitely say it would still be good for a 7 year old. It sort of entertained me even ...... except it really made me feel crappy when we beat poison ivy. She fell to the ground and a tear ran down her face as she closed her eyes .... almost made me cry ... lol..

lol, thx TOG.

ye my kids are 6 and 7 and they love the lego games, they have star wars, batman, pirates of the caribbean, indiana jones, theres lots and most of them are so cheap because they are quite old, but they are entertaining and puzzles to work out, just good fun with some using the brain, much better for kids than cod

^ cool thx.  And that's the great thing, he's never gamed before so it don't make no nevermind how old the games are.  

I'm just gonna go ahead and +1 myself for using that old school lolfactory-term if I may be so bold.

dont get him into cod, youll get used to him playing it  and its not a game for little kids as you know

the games are old but that doesnt matter because you have to do the same on all of them and the graphics etc are all the same, just dont get the latest batman ive heard its rubbish

My son has been playing MP, campaigns, and zombies since he was 5 years old. That was W@W and it had gore and plenty of profanity. He played them all since. He is better than me in MP now, LOL, and he is 11 now. Rock music and video games are fine for kids.

ye and your kid might go on a rampage in 10 years time by the sound of it, wen he tires of video games he will want the real thing

^^............................//facepalm. AND I suppose MORE gun laws would prevent that from happening. Your so wrong. People kill people, not video games, guns, nor rock music.