Random Idea: Open World Halo

I was just talking with a friend about the release of L.A. Noire and open world games. Then an idea popped into my head. How would YOU react to an open world Halo game? I'm not talking about an MMO. Think of a GTA or Saints Row style (obviously war/halo universe related, not gang related) game, except Halo. It could be based around a Marine who tries to progress to an ODST, or even a new Spartan and rather than having a linear story line with limited explorable areas, it would be open and "boundless" with a main story, but also side stories.

So what would YOU think if something like that were to be made?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Just Cause 3: Halo Edition: Rico finds a temporal vortex that transports him 500 years into the future, and he lands on the Elite homeworld, where he proceeds to take down the Sangheili defenses. Then he manages to hijack a space worthy vessel and and manages to get to High Charity to kill the Prophets before they can attack Earth.  LOL that would be an awesome game if it was ever made.

I never liked free-roam. I always thought it felt cheap and took away from the storyline. If they made a Halo like that then it'd be the only Halo I don't own.

[quote user="Lt Fluffers"]

I never liked free-roam. I always thought it felt cheap and took away from the storyline. If they made a Halo like that then it'd be the only Halo I don't own.

[/quote]

free roam is fun though.instead of being confined to a certain area you can walk around and explore.if halo was an rpg free roam then it would suck

I would find it decent.

I always found that the shooter elements in GTA/so on never really let the game down, so I wouldn't mind seeing Halo give it a shot. I can't say it would be a great game that the community would let happen, but you never know and it's not something we have to butcher as a possibility.

I think this would be an interesting idea to turn into a game... they've already done an RTS so this isn't out of the question.

I don't generally like GTA style games, but I'd probably get this one if they did make it.

I just found myself losing interest in the storyline in GTA and I ended up just driving around running over pedestrians and being chased by the cops. I'd still buy it if it had Halo on the cover. Yup   Halo fan boy here!

gooch i never play GTA for the story, i just drive around seeing how long i can survive with the cops chasing me.

I have those "I've played the story for 2 straight hours now it's go on a murder spree and see how long I can survive a cop chase" moments all the time. It's what makes GTA epic.

LOL you should try Just Cause 2. that game is one of the best sandbox games i've ever played.

Sandbox games are just "Meh" in my book. Hated GTA and Red Dead Redemption... There just wasn't any real direction. Felt too random.

If they halfass it, it would be awful.

If they go all out, it would require SO much money and manpower for a brand new Halo IP. Not likely.

They'd either have a gem on their hands like Fallout or Elder Scrolls, or a junk game that just feels like they're "milking" the series.

Speaking hypothetically, yes I would really love to see what 343i could do with the Halo franchise in different genres.

But first I want to see what 343i can do with a "normal" Halo in an FPS setting.