rainbow six vegas 2 character cust. best in class

why hasnt almight activision given us a game that even comes close to offering that level of customization on the worlds best selling and most innovative game ever created?

seriously......MW will have 2 player spec ops!!! on multi player maps ?!?!?!? and offer dual scopes?!?!?!?!? thats innovation!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

I have no idea what you just said.

[quote user="xDefySpace"]

I have no idea what you just said.

[/quote]He is questioning why Activision hasn't been innovative with their games recently. He also wants to know why we don't have a character customization similar to Rainbow Six: Vegas 2.

sorry I stopped reading at worlds most innovative game series.  

Rainbow Six's customization really wasn't that spectacular if you ask me.. Also, "dual-scopes" is not the only thing new MW3 will bring to COD. Oh, and Kramer. COD has dozens of other developers trying to copy it's formula every month. I'd say that's pretty damned innovative. Stop acting like COD's success is not deserved..

[quote user="Kinectimal"]

Rainbow Six's customization really wasn't that spectacular if you ask me.. Also, "dual-scopes" is not the only thing new MW3 will bring to COD. Oh, and Kramer. COD has dozens of other developers trying to copy it's formula every month. I'd say that's pretty damned innovative. Stop acting like COD's success is not deserved..

[/quote]Well, when I think of top-notch character customization in a FPS, I think RSV2.  CoD4 was very innovative. Create-A-Class, rewarding players for killstreaks, and perks were all very new things in military shooters. But what have they done since 2007? Nothing worth noting. They've added killstreaks, perks, and attachments. None of that comes close to what made CoD4 so great.

[quote user="Esjay 19"]

Well, when I think of top-notch character customization in a FPS, I think RSV2.  CoD4 was very innovative. Create-A-Class, rewarding players for killstreaks, and perks were all very new things in military shooters. But what have they done since 2007? Nothing worth noting. They've added killstreaks, perks, and attachments. None of that comes close to what made CoD4 so great.

[/quote]

I'd like to think that the addition of customizable killstreaks and pro perks were pretty innovative. Obviously not as much so as the base ideas, but still worth noting.

RBSV has some decent customization. I especially liked the ability to photograph something and apply it to your character's face. But, how many FPS on the Xbox really have those kinds of features to compare? As for COD's innovation; I don't think they need to do anything drastic to it's system right now. If you ask me, I think that they hit the sweet spot and should continue using that formula. Obviously they need a newer engine, but that's a discussion for another time.

[quote user="Kramerllama"]

sorry I stopped reading at worlds most innovative game series.  

[/quote]I reckon I did too partner.

TA wouldnt do that level of customization as you would have to take a big hit to the framerate of the game. They put high value on 60 FPS for good reason.