Rageing for Rage

This game is slipping under the radar....Why? It looks awesome, very long story( 3 discs) . Is it to good to be true? A company giving us gamers our moneys worth. Not spending money on advertising. They must know they have a product that will sell it's self. My gamestop is having a midnight release. I am looking forward to something new .  I guess if a game comes with three disks it cost more to publish. I'm thinking this might have limited numbers at first.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 12 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I don't get it either. Game looks awesome. Maybe they should have pushed it to early next year so it didn't have to compete with so many established AAA titles. That's probably what's killing it. Hopefully word of mouth will help it along if it ends up being as good as it looks.

This game will be a huge success. IMO.  It was in development for several years and was supposed to be released in July, and then in Sept. Now we will will get Oct. 4th. Actually I am seeing" Rage" show up all over the internet and the buzz is growing. I saw the same dynamic when "Borderlands" was released.  <----NOT COMPARING RAGE TO BORDERLANDS, just saying the pre-release/release seemed alike. I am really fired up over what appears to be a monster of a game on multiple levels.

I'm sure this game will do fine, I've been waiting for it for years now and just because Oct and Nov are full of awesome games isn't going to stop me from buying them all.

you are right on that this game is not getting lots of hype as other games are, my local GameStop is not doing a midnight release, I was told that it does not have a large presale compared to battlefield 3 or mw.

ID seems to have been falling behind over the years, back in the day the first Quake release was big, doom 3 quake 4, quake wars, I remember a little hype but it's not held over the years compared to games like Halo, maybe it's because these ID game were never made for kids, were as COD is for kids.

CoD is not made for kids.  At least not anymore than Rage is made for kids.  

On topic:  I can't f'n wait for next Tuesday.  

Rage could seriously challenge for Game of the Year. I've been looking forward to this game for quite sometime and can't wait for Monday night Oct 3!

I'm looking forward to this game myself. And I agree with it not getting enough notice. It's our gain and their loss.

So far so good!

[quote user="H2O Acidic"]

So far so good!

[/quote]Good to know.

"Hate" for you might be too strong of a word, but it's probably pretty close right now. Even when it gets released I'm still going to have to wait until after I work to play it. :(