RAGE? Whats the Deal?

I really don't get what people see in this game. I just see a standard shooter with a "story behind it". Story is a good thing, but if the gameplay is lackluster, it doesn't mean much. All of the gameplay I've seen has either been point A to B shoot-throughs, scriped events and driving, which I can't tell whether that will be fun or not through trailers. For the most part it seems just like a bland 'ol shooter, I'm not excited for it at all. What do you see in it?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

It looks like a lengthy rgp with a interesting worth while story with great visuals.  For me that's more than enough to try it, although I'll likely wait til the holiday season kicks off if I don't rent it from gamefly because Gow 3 & my 360 will have a thang going on for a very long time.

It look like a decent FPS with a leveling system not a rpg. BTW linear doesn't alwasy equal bad. A few games are better lieaner and others open world.

Open World/Sandbox games are just better now. They have so many more possibilities. Linearity isn't bad though, Dead Space 1/2 are awesome linear games....the problem is that it's almost impossible to find linear games that can keep you hooked to the game, like Dead Space does for me, for the entire length without it feeling like you want to rush through.

I watched some gameplay and started yawning.....that is a bad sign!

All the hype is because the devs are the makers of Doom , Quake  and because some gamers thinks they are the pioneer of FPS or las ostia como dicen en Spanish. The game is looking really good...i only hope the campaign be long like DI ...i hate FPS games short campaign ; specially if have rpg elements.

[quote user="dual skorpionz"]

Didn't they say it would be pretty linear?

[/quote]Thats exactly what I also heard, but I can't quite remember from where.

I think on G4 or something it was said that this game runs amazingly smooth, which sounded good to me.  I will wait for reviews to see if this game is worth buying.

[quote user="Tatakai no Kami"]

[quote user="IsaacClarkeSNL"]

[/quote]

I think it is linear in that you move from area to are during the story and can't go back, but in each area I think there are hidden areas and bonus missions to complete, as buying new gives you an unlock key for some of this extra content. This is what I got from the thread a few weeks back were people were crying because if you bought used you would have to pay for the Extra content. And some idiots were crying that they should reduce the price of the game.

[/quote]I wonder why some ignorant gamers always need insult others with the same comments like stop whining, crying etc just because don't share the same opinions. 

[quote user="IsaacClarkeSNL"]

[/quote]

I think it is linear in that you move from area to are during the story and can't go back, but in each area I think there are hidden areas and bonus missions to complete, as buying new gives you an unlock key for some of this extra content. This is what I got from the thread a few weeks back were people were crying because if you bought used you would have to pay for the Extra content. And some idiots were crying that they should reduce the price of the game.

Though it's like a lot people think it will reinvent the FPS.