New from QuakeCon.

Damn son!  Impressive. 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 9 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Related: QuakeCon's Keynote speaker John Carmack.  Or highlights for those like me who don't want to listen to all of that.  Sadly no news of Doom 4.  Maybe next year.

Looks great. The only games I already have paid off are Skyrim, Dead Island, and Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Rage is probably going to be the next game I pre-order.

I have all of those reserved, but not paid off.  Finally we'll be getting some games.  You really can't go wrong with a Id Software... or Bethesda for that matter.  

Rage will have 3 discs.  The first two are for singleplayer, and the third is for co-op and multiplayer.

It will take roughly 22GB of free space to install Rage to your HD lol.  It's all or nothing.  You can't install one disc at a time, like for instance DS2.  That kind of sucks, as I haven't upgraded my HD yet.  I've been thinking about doing that for some time now.  This will give me the excuse I need.  It's a grand conspiracy with Microsoft to sell more HD's.  Guess they just won one. 

Source.

Nobody thinks this is ridiculous?  22GB for an install.  Shenanigans I tell you.

L.A. Noire was larger wasn't it? So was Final Fantasy 13, I believe. Not a big suprize. I hate to see Skyrim's if on multiple disks. Cannot wait for this game though.

[Basic]

Once you have the game, will how many discs it has or how much space it needs for download really matter?

I was impressed with how much content they had on display at Quakecon, what looked like 4-5 different modes to play. Watching more then I actually played of it, its one exciting feel of a game. Good looking too on the Xbox version, which I couldn't believe at first was on console(until my eyes adjusted to the dark room and bright monitors lol).

how much space it needs to download is incredibly important and matters greatly. some people simply don't have enough hard drive space, i myself will have serious consideration about what to delete to make room on whichever system i buy it for, if the 22gigs is indeed for both consoles, though the ps3 will be a tad easier since alot of gigs are taken up by tv shows and can easily be copied off. i have a few game files with gigs of dlc and actual downloaded games like dead space and from dust, 60gigs gets used up quickly.

as for on topic; it looks fantastic. with every video and preview the distinction between rage and borderlands grows closer and closer, and yet they're so very different in almost every way. this game will easily be one of my top games this year.

looks great, but to be honest: I hope the dune buggy racing doesnt  play a *big* role in the game. Ive never been a fan of racing.

[quote user="INNSEVEN"]Once you have the game, will how many discs it has or how much space it needs for download really matter?[/quote]That's when it matters the most.  I haven't upgraded my HD yet.  That means I can't install this game to my HD.  Large games like this need to be installed imo.  It generally makes the game run smoother.  Some even say it runs faster.  I've seen graphical hiccups fixed by a simple installation.  It for a fact makes the console run cooler, which adds longevity.  I usually install any game that I expect to be playing a lot.