RAGE now that you've played it.

Are you guys enjoying it so far? Whats your opinions?

I picked it up after work today, sold my PSP and games since I never used it and picked up Rage and Driver SF.

But anyways im dead tired from working a 12 hour overnight shift, so I only played through the beginning mission so far with the Ghosts, but so far it seems like im going to love it.

Cant help but get a Borderlands feel from it though, and the missions play a lot like Dead Island. Not that thats a bad thing though.

My question is, is it an open world game? The world looks awesome to explore!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I haven't been able to get out of the area that you start mainly because I've only done a few missions which are like a tutorial and to help you get equipped for going into the Wasteland but I'm loving what I've seen so far. The controls are very tight and responsive and aiming is very smooth.

_

It definitely has a Borderlands look (with better graphics) and feel to it though which isn't a bad thing because I loved that game. From what I've read heard from people who've played further into it, it is an open world game although obviously certain areas of the map will only become accessible once you've started certain missions but there is a lot of exploring to do. However I don't think it's like Borderlands in the way you can come back after you've finished the main quest so make sure you've done all the side missions and explored every nook and cranny before you beat the game.

This game is what Borderlands should have been, in my opinion

Just to confirm, when I buy an upgrade for my weapon, it's automatically equipped on said weapon? Correct? No?

[quote user="FEARecon"]

I haven't been able to get out of the area that you start mainly because I've only done a few missions which are like a tutorial and to help you get equipped for going into the Wasteland but I'm loving what I've seen so far. The controls are very tight and responsive and aiming is very smooth.

_

It definitely has a Borderlands look (with better graphics) and feel to it though which isn't a bad thing because I loved that game. From what I've read heard from people who've played further into it, it is an open world game although obviously certain areas of the map will only become accessible once you've started certain missions but there is a lot of exploring to do. However I don't think it's like Borderlands in the way you can come back after you've finished the main quest so make sure you've done all the side missions and explored every nook and cranny before you beat the game.

[/quote]

Awesome thanks! Ill definatly just do all the side missions as I am playing through.

MEH

Coop missions are a blast but the lack of checkpoints make them frustrating sometimes.

The game is good, Aim is smooth, graphics are really good, animations are top notch. My only nitpicks are the loading times and the texture pop-in. It's annoying, especially in wide open areas like when you first exit the ark. Is there texture pop-in on the xbox? Other than those small things I'm having a blast.

[quote user="PICK 34"]

The game is good, Aim is smooth, graphics are really good, animations are top notch. My only nitpicks are the loading times and the texture pop-in. It's annoying, especially in wide open areas like when you first exit the ark. Is there texture pop-in on the xbox? Other than those small things I'm having a blast.

[/quote]Install it to your HDD. I don't have those problems

I'm enjoying it so far. I'm not too far in, I just got the buggy, but I think it's fun. I like the Borderlands feel to it. I recommend checking it out to anyone who is interested.

So far, SO AMAZING! I can't wait to play this on the PC when I rebuild my rig. I can only imagine what the idTech5 engine will be capable of when it is cut loose!