Rage... Like it, but not loving it!

I think this game has an ENORMOUS amount of potential, but fell short in actual content. 
-
Don't get me wrong, a very solid 8 for me, but the amount of, "Oh, they could've done this and this and made it 10x better!" pop up far too often to warrant it a 9 or higher.
-
Weapon upgrades are few and far between, armor upgrades are very basic, different armors don't really exist, Rage Frenzy could have been SO much better (It's very addictive and fun now, but just too much potential wasted), they could've added a bunch more missions for the different clans and made them all much more unique and fun (The Outriggers are only seen in basically the very, very beginning), added 2-3 more vehicles and DOUBLED the amount of racing fun, more vehicle upgrades, etc.
-
I could go on and on, but the game seemed to basically be a tech demo for what is coming next using the id Tech 5 engine. It's a very fun game, worth at least a rent to see the AMAZING visuals and game engine running at its best.
-
Basically its major impact is showing that the Xbox 360 may still have some tricks up its sleeve to produce an amazing looking/running game. If Fallout 4 uses this, day one purchase no question!
-
Anyone else feel the same way? Thoughts?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I just wish Fallout NV was as bug free as this game. Have been playing 10+ hours now without one crash. I couldn't make an hour with NV. Shame, because NV is much superior game wise to Rage.

I was disappointed with it for sure, I made to to the second disc and just lost interest to keep playing especially after hearing that it just keeps going downhill and the ending was crap. Oh well picked up Forza 4 in the meantime to keep me busy till tuesday for Arkham City.

I like how the game tries to combine a Fallout universe with straight first-person shooting in sandbox-like gameplay and car racing. That is the idea I like. But I feel they should have focused on one gameplaystyle. But that is probably because I love Fallout 3 + New Vegas. And when I found that Vault Boy Bobblehead in the Major's office it made me wanna put the New Vegas Disc in again - and stop playing Rage lol . I feel it's a good game. Nice graphics, nice weapons, nice racing and all that. But I don't see it's anything special or innovativ. It's all very sketchy. This game gives me the feeling that I have seen it all before.

I haven't finished yet but I get the feel also, I think I have been avoiding finishing it because of how bad the ending is (from what I'm hearing). Also I guess infant it to last longer. I no doubt enjoy it but it just seems it should be more to it. If there is a Rage 2, I hope it's much much longer and more open with much more details in characters and upgrades. I would say a strong 8/10 also.

RGe just needs to be longer and go more in depth. I like the game tho, actually enjoy it but just seems something is missing. Also, the main character not talking is not my thing, didn't really bother me but also, it didn't make me care much about him or what's going on. The ending was horrible also, very very bad.

welp, I traded the game in without even finishing it.  Like I said before, I thought it was alright, but there was nothing that made me want to give it a second go, or even finish for that matter.  The engine was nice, minus the constant texture pop, but iD needs to optimize it better.  It runs great on the consoles in terms of frame rates, but the textures of solid objects are awful.  The vista's looked like a million bucks.  The walls of interiors and the non-breakable objects like bottles, not so much

I finished the game... SO disappointed. There was a city that the sheriff from the first town left to go to called Gunbarrel (I believe that's what I heard...) so I thought for sure I'd be heading there.

-

I just don't get it. It has way too much potential to fall this short.

-

Well, I guess that's that then. I might play through it one more time, but man was it disappointing as all hell. 15 second cutscene at the end... WOW. That's it?

-

One of the main things I am mad about is all of the different clans. They could've made them all so much more interesting and unique.

-

Ah I just don't get it... Sucks. It could've been Game of the Year material!

-

Well I guess I'll just accept that it was just a tech demo for id Tech 5. It was a fun game, but still. So much wasted potential.

It would have been nice if there was more depth to the story, perhaps more than a superficial involvement with the other characters.  But for the gaming life in me I can't fathom how those involved with the game felt that the ending was even remotely adequate/sufficient.  I'm wanna believe that perhaps they were over-budget or deadlines made them sacrifice their intended ending.  The pulse cannon made me think i was gonna face the equivalent of mutated Godzilla, especially after the dead city & subway missions.  As a whole the game is fine & I enjoyed it a lot; but the ending is the epitome of underwhelming....

Playing this game i can tell it's got that id feel to it, id used to be big but they fell back were today fps are dominated by cod and halo. maybe id needs to make a fps war game, but then it would not be as good as battlefield.

with 3 discs i expect this game to last sometime, but if you just said you felt that there was more in borderlands then i am wondering why it took them such a long time to get this game out?

i hope Fallout 4 has some co-op multiplayer features.

a bit late to this thread, but I agree.  I like the game, but i never really blew me away.  It does a coule things really well, and the rest is just kinda meh.  So far, it hasnt even really dragged me back to even really want to finish it, mostly because I dont really care about the character or whats going on.