Rachni

The Rachni had a very small mention in ME2 - Do you think Shepard will call on them for help in ME3 to combat the Reapers? What do you think they've been up to since the release of the Queen in ME1 (thats if you did release her)?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I think that the Rachni will be a centrepiece of ME3, this may very well be the single most important decision made in the game.  I want them on my side, if you've tried to eradicate them, you'll be seeing Rachni Husks everywhere you go...:-)

I believe they will be a HUGE ally in the 3rd game. They are probably building an army while we speak. Breed mother Rachni.....BREED!

Hopefully they are still rotting in ****

Are the Rachni able to design and develop there own Starships and weapons? I vaguely remember the Asari talking about them and they used her to get them equipment and stuff from around the galaxy.

If you released the queen in ME1, news reports briefly mention the rachni ships that retreat upon investigation, so I'm thinking that's a yes.

I hope that if you killed the Queen, there would be a few pockets of Rachni that you have to fight. However, if you saved her, I would like to see them as an ally, but have to fight Rachni Husks as a consequence. And I mean a lot. They breed like insects, and were already easily indoctrinated. Maybe during a time when you would normally not fight anyone, there would be a whole bunch of Rachni Husks dropping from the ceiling. But when you go to fight in Space, you would have some as allies. Maybe even fight beside you as ground forces haha

Either way, I want there to be consequences for that choice.

I am very excited to see how my slaughtering of the Rachni will play out in the majority of my careers. After I play through those saves I'll pop in my pure paragon career and see whether saving the Queen was the "right" decision. Regardless I am excited and fully expect that decision to be more than a simple Private Message on my laptop or the lack thereof.

We know we will be fighting Rachni husks in ME 3 so I assume the queen will come to our aid and will probably suffer large casualties (husks) but the nice thing is that the rachni can replenish their numbers quickly, now to just get them and the krogan to get along.

Yeah, that Queen better do me right. I agonized over the decision to let her go. I kept waiting for it to come back and bite me in the behind, but ME2 makes me hopeful for some rad Rachni cavalry charge cut scene.

Here's hoping the Rachni Queen hasn't already been indoctrinated at the beginning of ME3 and you have to fight her Husk style, because then that would have been a big mistake releasing her in ME1. That would be fun though.