I'm going to be making a battlemage type of character. What race do you guys recommend I should be?
I was wondering the same thing. In Oblivion, some spells cost too much magicka that you almost had to pick a race to be able to cast all spells. Is this similar in Skyrim, or are all spells within a reasonable magicka cost?
- REDGUARDS: Adrenaline Rush
- WOOD ELF: Resist poison, resisit disease, command animals
- NORD: Battlecry
- KHAJIIT: Night-eye, claw attacks
- IMPERIAL: Voice of the Emperor, find more coins when looting
- HIGH ELF: Regenerate Magicka more quickly
- DARK ELF: Ancestor’s Wrath (surround self in fire), resist fire
- BRETON: Dragonskin (absorb spells), resist shock
- ARGONIANS: Histskin (regenerate health quickly), resist disease, breathe underwater
Looking at the race abilities, I would say a High Elf.
You can really mold any race to your playstyle. Im a battlemage Argonian and it's working fine!
Right now I'm thinking Nord,Dark Elf, or Argonian.
What is your guys favorite powers? Wood Elf sounds pretty solid...
Bretons have a resistance to Magic, and a boost. So I would go with that.
High Elves have the most magika boost, but they also take magic damage harder. Bretons are more balanced.