Qutting

In MKAK, you can quit the fights without even getting any points for yer win... This is so stupid, specially if the person has more points than you do, 95% of those "top guys" quit on me. Now, I never agreed that for disconnecting you get points taken away, why? Well, some people have sketchy connections and disconnecting might happen often for them. You should not penalize people for things they cannot help, although that is not the only reason. Game often have glitches or  freeze during a match, penalizing you for this is truly the works of morons. Basically they are penalizing YOU, for their own fails and shortcomings. I experienced the latter on FIFA 11  a lot, I was forced to quit cos of a freeze and got penalized and many times the game would disconnect for no apparent reason and ALSO I get penalized, although we all know that EA a retarded anyway. So what do I think should be done about quitting? It would be a much better idea to give more points to the "winner" than the what they usually get, just give them the win and a little extra points for having to deal with a possible quitter. As for the quitter, you never know if the person quits or not, in some cases is obvious, but not all cases and you shouldn't penalize for disconnects at all. Achievements with 0 points for quitting are a good way to warn the other player as well, also other stuff in the game can be used to spot gamers with a high % of disconnects. In MKAK is quite bad that nothing is done at all though, is full of trolls in there.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

[quote user="Law212"]

In the 13 matches in a row I just won online in ranked.....13 have quit. (one was legit because it was at the very start of the match the rest were as i was doing a fatality or landing the final blow)

I'm not all that great at the game its just that people rely on the sam emoves over and over and its easy to counter. 20 minutes in training and learning a couple combos makes a big difference.

This is my first time using Stryker and im winning a lot. Also switching up with baraka and same thing. mind you i sometimes get beat by cheap tactics i havent learned to deal with yet or (rarely) a really good player comes along.

stop being little babies and take the loss alike a man.

[/quote]

Stryker isn't the most popular of characters to use so people won't see him much.  If you use someone that's not too common many players won't know what to expect or how to counter them because, as you've mentioned, most players rely on cookie-cutter techniques and patterns.

--
Juxtapose13

[quote user="Law212"]

Ya from playing a ton of matches last night I can tell that the majority of MK players only stick to Sub zero and Scorpion.

90 percent of the matches were against those two. Late in the night I got beat with a spammy kung lao. low hat toss non stop until you jump in then he teleports and does the kick. I didnt figure out how to beat that amd i lost. I didnt rage quit though ii took the loss, funny enough the scrub didnt even know how to do the fatality.

Its really too bad that most MK players are little whiny *** because this game is really good. You can see how much detail went into this game. The costumes look amazing with the amount of detail. The stages look really good and there is so much more to this game than in previous MK games.

Too bad the community is trash.

[/quote]

According to the official stats, Scorpion is the most played on Xbox LIVE, followed by Raiden and then Sub-Zero.

And I've found many online gamers to be whiny babies regardless of game or platform.  Generally speaking, Private games are more fun than Public.

--
Juxtapose13

[quote user="Ruthless Tenjin"]

Besides, it's more fun to play with friends than it is against the whiny pre-teens and people who take it all too seriously.

[/quote]

^This.

--
Juxtapose13

I have not had anyone rage-quit on me in well over a year. In both SSF4 and SF3: Third Strike. It's hard to "keep playing and enjoy the game" when people quit to avoid a loss in Ranked games. Kinda takes the FUN out of it. A high percentage of people that play MK are fighting game scrubs and really have not figured out how to play with sportsmanship. I played well over 2400 games in MK9 and all I can say is that game is full of whiny trolls that complain about everything you do against them. It's a cesspool. I'm so glad I traded that game in. Even though beating your @@@ all the time was fun Tenjin.

mk9 is a cesspool of rage quitters, its fine for the casual player, for the serious player online its a disaster.never had any rage quits in street fighter. nrs needs to fire their net coders and online developers.

Just another reason that NRS sucks. It really is a shame that the MK fans have to go through this. Both of their games are good game-play wise but a total train-wreck when it comes to bugs and net-code.. I like the way DOA4 dealt with rage-quitters. If someone quits on you they lose 1000 points from their rank. That's the equivalent of ten wins against people that are the same rank as you. The winner also gets all 1000. What I liked about this was that even if you beat that person and the points you get from that person normally are not 1000. You still get 1000 just because they  rage-quit. Didn't happen very often in that game.

Too bad SSFIV has just as many rage-quitters. Just like every other fighting game out there. It's unavoidable in any game, no matter what type of punishments are implemented or what type of game it is. Just keep playing if you enjoy the game and try not to worry about them.

Ya from playing a ton of matches last night I can tell that the majority of MK players only stick to Sub zero and Scorpion.

90 percent of the matches were against those two. Late in the night I got beat with a spammy kung lao. low hat toss non stop until you jump in then he teleports and does the kick. I didnt figure out how to beat that amd i lost. I didnt rage quit though ii took the loss, funny enough the scrub didnt even know how to do the fatality.

Its really too bad that most MK players are little whiny *** because this game is really good. You can see how much detail went into this game. The costumes look amazing with the amount of detail. The stages look really good and there is so much more to this game than in previous MK games.

Too bad the community is trash.

I don't care about the quitter getting penalized or not, like I said, I don't agree with penalizing a disconnect. But the "winner" should always get something from a match and a bonus if the opponent disconnects. For example, I am excited about FIFA 12, but they already said that they will heavily penalize disconnects, this isn't surprising, since EA are a bunch of dumb douches. By penalizing disconnects you are assuring me that: The game has no glitches or freezes and the disconnected player is a rage quitter 100% of the time. I have news: currently, both are impossible to know, so as long as games are junk filled with glitches, the companies should not be so arrogant as to penalize a disconnect, when they themselves, play a huge part on it and can't seem to make a game right. They rip off of you $70+ after all.

THe only other fighting game where the community was this bad was soul caliber 4. Non stop cheap move spamming and tons of rage quitting.

The street fighter and blaz blue communities are not nearly as bad.