"Wave Defence Gametype"

I have a quick simple question and you can respond to it as long winded as you like. Do you think that the "Wave Defence Gametype" will be here to stay and become a staple in all future shooters, or do you think that people will finally get bored of it?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I'm not bored of it. :) It can stay.

Halo: Reach Firefight all the wayyyyyyy!

I hope that developers start to add more original gametypes though instead of just always falling back on the wave defense gametype. I mean, the publishers never want them to take a gamble and I think that's really whats hurting them.

I am completely sick of it. It was fun in Horde for Gears and zombies for World at War -- now it is just getting redundant and boring. Each game tries to add their own signature style, but it still doesn't help.

Exactly. I'm not saying take it out of the game, but think of something new. This is the reason FPSs are getting stale to me. Same old gametypes. That's also why I enjoy Battlefield, it's nice to not just have team deathmatch and capture the flag and such.

And that is why I love Left 4 Dead. It is a very different style of gameplay than the normal cookie cutter FPS.

It's here to stay. Epic's stats say that 90% of players on Gears 2 are playing Horde mode over standard MP modes. And the improvements in Horde 2.0 shows they are focused on improving the experience.

It's not going anywhere in a hurry and I'm happy if it doesn't. I personally like player vs environment co-op.

I hope more games implement it! I love tower defense/wave defense game-modes!

Usually boring as hell....need to find something else, or make it less annoying.

Look out for a game called Sanctum on Steam. You'll love that.