"Video can't be streamed or downloaded from xx/xx/2014"

Greetings,

I've just purchased Silent Hill: Revelation and I notice there's a block of text proclaiming:

"Can't be streamed or downloaded from 31/12/2014. To make sure you get it, download before 31/12/2014. Stream instantly or choose to download later."

Now, this is all self explanatory until the last sentence. Does it mean that if I stream it once before then, then I can still use it after that date? Or will I have to download it before then regardless? Also, I will still be able to watch it after that date if I download it, right?

Lastly, is this unique to this video or is it some new global practice, requiring me to go through all of my previously purchased content and download it onto my hard drive?

Many thanks,

Rage

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

You do not have to download to your hard drive, its just asking if you want to download or stream it. If you purchased it you can watch it whenever you want however much you like, now if you rented it its a one time thing. If it is restricting you from watching it until 2014 you probably should just go ahead and download it, that way you dont forget about it.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

That's partially correct, it's a warning that if you want to ensure your access to the movie after that date you should download it prior to that date.  It's possible that you'll still be able to stream or download after that date, but it's not guaranteed.  

Microsoft Movies & TV Team

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.