"Purchased" 10,000 Microsoft Points

I got two emails that said I had purchased 10,00 Microsoft Points. One a 6,000 point bundle and the other a 4,000 point bundle. The thing is... I did not purchase any points! Now of course, the first thing that came to mind is to check my account for the points. I was too busy being excited to think of anything negative. But, once I saw that I only had 40 points (which I had before the emails), the negative thoughts started rushing to me. I hadn't even gotten the points! So I started to think that this was all fake. It all looked legit, but I was still skeptical. Then I thought it was real, would Microsoft really just send 10,000 points to someone for no reason at all? Of course not! If it was real then that would mean I was charged for all those points! Heck, I didn't even get the points in my account! I was just hoping that this was all a mistake but I can never be too careful. So I was hoping people online could help me out. What happened? What should I do? Has Microsoft made a mistake? Will that mistake benefit or hurt me or my wallet? 

UPDATE: I seem to have played Fifa 12 and I seem have gotten achievements. I DO NOT OWN THIS GAME. I think I might have been hacked and they charged all those points on my account as well as played a game. Just a theory.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

You would have to call support and have them start an unauthorized access investigation.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

iv had the same over the weekend. there seems to be a reccouring theme with these points and fifa 12. theres a site selling peoples account info (not sure how they are getting this information) and then these "people" are buying points on other peoples accounts. your account will be shut down when you contact support for 25 days whilst they investigate and you should get a refund.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.