"Original" Crysis coming to XBLA"

[quote]Crysis will debut as a downloadable game for Xbox Live and PlayStation Network and is both gaining and losing some traits in the process. When it arrives, Crysis will only feature the original game's single-player campaign. However, the campaign is being "remastered" for the console release with new lighting effects, optimized controls, and stereoscopic 3D support for both systems.

The campaign storyline will remain the same, with players joining an elite team of soldiers in a near-future setting where the United States and North Korea are embroiled in rising tensions. Players will be sent into hostile (but lush) territory held by North Korean forces in the South China Sea, and the situation is further complicated by the arrival of alien forces.[/quote]

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6333385/crysis-striking-xbox-360-ps3-in-october?tag=updates%3Beditor%3Ball%3Btitle%3B7

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 20 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I'm going to wait and see if they put it on a disk

Going to buy it, the PC version was great and since I cant play my gaming machine at this time this will be a good addition to my Arcade collection.

It's going to be terrible.

[quote user="Unreal Warfare"]

[/quote]Uh huh. Nintendo 64 graphics, No destruction, your PC has super powers, and your leet by default just for owning it.

This is just so the console community can enjoy the story of the first game.

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

[quote user="Sword StyIe"]

[quote user="Unreal Warfare"]

[/quote]Uh huh. Nintendo 64 graphics, No destruction, your PC has super powers, and your leet by default just for owning it.

[/quote]

Yes, pretty much! :p

It loses alot of its charm without Real Lifesis, and multiplayer.

But it loses its charm even more when you see comparison images of the vanilla PC version and the console version. They removed like 80% of the foliage from the game. It makes it look bland and plain in comparison.

Crytek had a good chance to do something special with console but instead they went the easy route and it shows alot. At 1600 microsoft points there's no way I'm buying it.

Crysis comparison

Yes, this is the same area in both pics.

Crysis (PC) Real Lifesis graphics mod

Thanks for the comparisons Unreal, definitely no not to waste money on this game now.

Wait a minute.....the graphics are better on PC than they are the console?!?! OMGWTFBBQ!!!!! This is a total shock! Now I'm not buying the game anymore!!!!! Thank you for revealing this startling information.

The problem is that Crysis is at its core a fairly standard FPS game, especially in its final third where it becomes a straight up shooter.

What elevated it above other games was its graphics. I could take a mini-gun out into the jungle and recreate the scene from Predator where Mac is firing right after Blaine has been killed.

A lot more of its flaws will be exposed on the console because you wont even have the "ooo pretty" effect to distract people.