Okay, so your console is freezing up. Have you tried clearing the update cache on your xbox 360? This could help with the freezing issues that you're experiencing.
Right, to help explain what may be happening.
The console reads a lot of information when running your games (updates included) and when performing other tasks. If an update is damaged or incomplete it can causes system freezes/crashes. Think of when playing a game on your PC, if you eject the disc while in-game the system freezes and closes the game as there is no further data for it to continue - If an update is damaged or incomplete when performing tasks on the xbox 360 it may freeze and crash due to there being no further data to run the process.
Clearing the update cache will allow the console to refresh and download a new update(s) which may be faulty. If you need help clearing the cache follow these steps:
- Navigate to the "My Xbox" channel on the dashboard menu (the console's 'main menu').
- Scroll right, to the last page which is the "System Settings" page.
- Select "Memory" from the list of options.
- Highlight the hard drive and hit Y on your controller.
- Select the option to clear the update cache and perform maintenance on the memory unit.
- Restart your xbox 360 console.
Hopefully this should resolve the freezing issues.
If this doesn't resolve your issue, please take a few minutes to work through the Screen Freeze Solutions.
If you still have questions or issues, please feel free to make a post in this forum!