"Can't retrieve information from Xbox Live" when purchasing

I've just started having this problem today: every time I try to purchase something with Microsoft Points on my account, I keep getting an error message saying "Can't retrieve information from Xbox Live. Status Code: 80153410." From what I have researched, this appears to be some unknown code that nobody at Microsoft knows even exists, and from everything I have read, nobody has said they were able to fix it. Why is this happening? Is my account screwed? The points that I am trying to buy things with were purchased from xbox.com. I have done this recently in the past with the same exact account and card, yet this just randomly showed up today. There are no holds on my account, and I have not been banned. This is making me extremely frustrated.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

So nobody can help? From what I understand not a sole person in the world knows how to fix this. This is utterly ridiculous.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Sorry, refreshing the page didn't update new posts that were made, so I thought nobody was posting.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Vivi! Sorry for the delay here! Just as a heads up, we do take up to 24 hours to respond to posts here. We appreciate your patience during that time!

Now, regarding your issue, I recommend contacting phone support in your region (support.xbox.com/contact-us) for more information regarding this billing issue. I hope this advice helps, thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

No problem, you're fine! I hope things go well with phone support. Feel free to update us with your progress. Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.